what would you do?!

nyc.ems

Forum Crew Member
Let's Say Your Shift Is 12 Hours Long,and You Cant Seem To Work With Your Partner....what Would You Do?;)

Stevo

Forum Asst. Chief
just stick to the job(s) at hand , nix the small talk....

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Give him to the mafia as an informant over on Riverside Ave and... oh wait.. I mean ask him if there is a problem..?

Then say you have no choice but to follow out the shift, so you may as well be civil, then afterward, check w/ command about a new partner.

Or:

Make him feel guilty, carry all the bags, or something.. fake a heart attack.. etc..

:p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Shut up, bring a book and a CD player...

If you can't hash the problem out:

You stay on your side of the cab, they on thiers.... driver plays with stero, passenger listens to a CD player.....

And go to your boss and ask for another shift/partner - it will hurt patient care if you can't work together...

Jon

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Be as civil as possible while doing Pt care/Tx, along with being in the eyes of John Q. Public, Nursing Staff & so forth. Once your tour is over contact the Shift Supervisor, explain the problem & request a new partner, that is if You & Your Partner have not resloved the problem or differences.
Now on a lighter note,
1: I would turn the AC on (if it is cold outside), turn the heat on full blast (if is warm or hot outside), Lock your partner's window out (If your Bus has the Power Windows Feature/Driver Override).

2: Turn the Radio (almost full blast) to a Classical Music Station or a College Thrash Metal Station.

3: If you are religious to your faith start preaching a little bit, or if your partner is religious, tell him/her that you are an Atheist (sp?) or a Jehovah Witness (Not knocking anyones' religion here).

4: Start chanting some off the wall satanic verses, with their name in the verses (if you dont know any,make them up:wacko: )

5: Start acting all weird as if you see or hear things your partner doesnt see or hear. (Voices in the head work great!:wacko: )

6: If your partner goes to the back (either to lay down, or just get away from you), turn the main power off for the back, or pump the brakes real hard a few times (Make sure there is not other vehicle behind you when doing this), use the excuse that you didnt want to hit the Gieco Squirrel that was crossing the road (or wires above), bird, deer or any animal works well with this excuse.:wacko:

7: Place Surgi-Lube underneath your partner's door handle.

8: If all else fails (including speaking with the Shift Supervisor), then take your partner for a nice little ride to the "Beautiful" URA, (Urban Redelovpment area, also known as the Ghettos). Stop your bus claiming you heard a thud noise or something coming from the back, both of you get out to look, have your partner stand there or looking underneath, you heard back to the bus, start it up (If not started already) & drive away, get on the PA System & Yell "White Medic with Crack!" (Be prepared to lose your job though "maybe")

Of 23 years within the Ems Field, 10 years of which worked the Paid Sector, I lay "no claim" to have done any or all the above listed to any of my EX Partners. :wacko:
nyc.ems said:
Let's Say Your Shift Is 12 Hours Long,and You Cant Seem To Work With Your Partner....what Would You Do?;)

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Two bits of advice:

1. Try to get through the shift without killing each other outside of the station, if its in the station, the public most liekly will never see/hear the dispute. If you can't work it out then you need to report this to the command staff...otherwise as some of the wise people here have said:pt care will suffer, and you both will look like a$$es to the public.

2. If you must beat your partner down, use IV fluids...the IV bags wont leave a mark.....

OP
OP
N

nyc.ems

Forum Crew Member
Lol!!!^_^ If I Ever Work With Any Of You Guys That Wrote These Replies,i'd Make Sure To Be On Your Good Sides.....happy New Year!!!