What to expect ...?

AudiGirl

Forum Probie
Tomorrow will be my first real step towards becoming an EMT! yay!

I'm taking a BLS class which is required for the emt program.

The class will be 8am-12pm

What should I expect? Should I bring a notepad ?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Expect to learn CPR. It's a very simple course. If you take normally take notes, then sure.

OP
OP
AudiGirl

AudiGirl

Forum Probie
Expect to learn CPR. It's a very simple course. If you take normally take notes, then sure.
Really thats it.. just CPR.
Some how I envisioned intubating lol.. oh well

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Yup, just CPR. Nothing exciting. You don't get to the exciting/interesting stuff until paramedic school ;)

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Power points...videos...light physical activity with fake people....short test...lunch, and that will be the most exciting thing you do all day.

Say G

Forum Crew Member
Power points...videos...light physical activity with fake people....short test...lunch, and that will be the most exciting thing you do all day.
Don't forget the awkward sexual jokes that come with bouncing around on a dummy. Or was that just me?

SubUrbanMed

Forum Ride Along
It's a learning Process! Get involved with the material and make it your own.

In my EMT class, many students wanted to do the minimum, but our teacher encouraged those who wanted to get the most out of their training.

Ex. Play around with the equipment and getting a feel for how it actually works. or working extra hours during the clinical rotation.
It's a lot of fun

YoungbloodEMS

Forum Probie
Make sure you pay really close attention and read your book. I'm not sure about your class but my textbook was around 1300 pages. Obviously you wont be expected to remember all of it but theoretically you should have a good grasp of it. One thing that I noticed helps a lot is learning from different sources; use your textbook, find credible sources online, find study guides in book stores, e.t.c.

YoungbloodEMS

Forum Probie
That's for the class but as far as the BLS class goes yeah its like they said. Just bouncing up and down on dummies for a few hours and probably a terrible video you'll have to watch.