What to do know

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Okay for most of you, you know or remember that I run with a volley squad. And love every minute of it. Right

Well not so much any more. I still love going on calls and helping the patient and their families. Which is what EMS is about right?

Well I have taken myself off the schedule for the next little while. As it seems there is a handful of others here that are moving on. The only thing is I don't want to move on. Things with our new director have really gone down hill lately and it seems that there are a handful of us that notice it and are taking the brunt of it. While there are others that are his best friend and nothing is going wrong. Well If you haven't figured it out I'm one of them taking the brunt of it or at least that is what it seems like. He seems to be really pushing for me to turn in my pager which we really don't have the personal to run the ambulance effectly without people running a lot more then what they are right now. I have been really stressed with the whole running issue as it seems either he shows up and jumps in the rig and leaves with out me, or jumps in and then doesn't do anything once on scene. I have been on scenes when he has been unprofessional and his appearance is so so. But I swear he seems to find something wrong with every run report I turn in and just feel like he keeps chopping me down. And like I have told others that its not worth running and beign stressed because you know he will find something wrong with the run report and being in tears for the next day just because of what he does and his actions that he has taken.

I've talked with a hand ful of those that I trust off the squad and they see it the same way I do. And agree with me. It just doesn't seem that anything is being done about anything and that I just keep getting belittled and pushed further away from the squad. Right now I'm another unscheduled person running around our town willing to run just not full heartedly.

I have passed my LPN classes and am looking at getting the boards done so I can finish my last year of school. So that stress hasn't really helped. I however this summer won't be working at our hospital very quick as I'm working out at our local park. Doing administrative work, cleaning, and what ever else needs to be done. Those pictures that TTLWK shared remind me a lot of our state park and I have to agree it is alot of fun having a totally different line of work.

Thanks for letting me vent and hopefuly I didn't bore you to sleep.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Have you sat down and asked him why he is treating you this way?

OP
OP
E

emtbuff

Forum Captain
I've emailed him. Does that count??

In the emails I've asked why it seems I am the one that gets all the crap and he tap dances around the fact that I'm not the only one or the crew I normally run with aren't. I've tried to expalin things about responding to the station some times does take me a little longer depending on what hour of the day it is from my distance I live from the station. Which he of course says that hes driven from all areas of town and could make it in the 5 min response time that he created. I honestly don't think he understands sometimes what people are trying to tell him. He's been on my case to turn in my pager for a couple of weeks. Cuz I used the term LOA, so now I told him I'm running unscheduled and PRN. Which of course gives me a huge break as I'm not running a set week right now. Which he turned that if I want a break that I shouldn't be doing that. I'm meeting with a good friend that has been having a few issues of her own with him this weekend. And maybe things will get straightened out and figured out in my mind.