What text books should I get

ChrisCon89

Forum Crew Member
Took the NR for the Fourth time. I guess I gotta start from scratch. There's a lot of vocabulary on the NR I've never seen and I feel is out of scoop. I bought Sucess for Emt study booklet, now I need a text book to learn.
So what is the best text book to use , I'm losing my **** here. Really bout to give up , this exam seems more like pre-med than basic for me.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
How close to passing were you? I think when you fail it tells you which areas you did well in, and which you need to work on. If you're getting really difficult questions, usually that means you're doing well.

I recommend you download Anki (free program) and learn how to use it. Any vocabulary word, any concept you don't know, make a flash card for it. Do this as you're going through whatever textbook you choose. Then review those cards every day, until you know the stuff cold.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
If the op has failed NR 4 times, Anki isn't going to help. He needs a test prep/learning service like JB Navigate.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
If the op has failed NR 4 times, Anki isn't going to help. He needs a test prep/learning service like JB Navigate.

JB Navigate is great for honing test-taking skills once you already have the foundation of knowledge to build upon. From reading OP's posts, it feels to me that OP doesn't have that foundation, and didn't do a good enough job building it in EMT school. If my impression is correct, Anki would be really helpful. I've tried to work with / tutor EMT's who are having trouble with the NREMT, and almost always there are yuuuge knowledge deficits. Also, almost always they are not motivated/dedicated enough to actually use Anki on their own...