What personal items do you carry?

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
On Wednesday I'm doing my first volunteer ride along with my instructor (I'm guessing if we do get a call, I'll do something since she knows that I was the best in the class and I'm incredibly enthusiastic about this career- as if I have to tell you guys) but I'm curious- what personal items do you have on you during your shift? I'm assuming a wallet and cell phone- the smaller wallet the better? I dont want to be clunking around in the ambulance.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Pretty much it for me anywhere I go. I do my daily pat down before I leave since I dont have keys to my house (yeeeah. Someone's constantly home so I never bothered). Wallet gets locked under my seat, so I just carry a credit or debit card/ ID/ cert in one of my pockets, chapstick, phone.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Wallet, phone, Chapstick, shears, steth ... And a pumpkin pie.

(Am I playing this game right?)
Damn. I didnt mean to be a combo breaker. But... shears/ stethoscope wouldn't be personal, so there's that. Haha

OP
OP
Amelia

Amelia

You're stuck w/ me now (insert evil laughter here)
For a ride along? Wallet and phone.

On duty: wallet, phone, travel pillow.

We get to hang out in the garage!! In 12 hours there is absolutely no guarantee whatsoever that we may get a call!

sirengirl

Forum Lieutenant
Wallet, pen, stethoscope, watch, hair ties, and then I leave a small zip bag in the front cab that has random things I might need- granola bars, excedrin, nail file, etc. At my job if we get stuck out running calls, you can go 10 hours without seeing a station or a meal.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
What siren girl says; personal stuff; snacks and bottle of water (I would always freeze a couple about 2/3rd full with cap off, fill them the rest of the way with water and leave. That way I always had cold water.
Money for lunch or dinner

medicaltransient

Forum Lieutenant
Wallet, phone, chapstick, hair product, boot polish and tooth paste tooth brush. When I shower I usually use other peoples soap.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Perhaps it's just the phrasing, but dear god this creeps me out! Buy. Your. Own. Soap.
Mmhm.

Do you give them money for that?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Perhaps it's just the phrasing, but dear god this creeps me out! Buy. Your. Own. Soap.

Someone somewhere is wondering how they're using so much body wash/ hair care products at work.