What now?

Charper

Forum Ride Along
I took my test yesterday and got the results saying I passed this morning.:p I couldn't be happier at this moment. So my question is what is the process now before I can start actually working somewhere?

OP
OP
Charper

Charper

Forum Ride Along
Is that what will be mailed to me? And what about licensing requirements?
Thanks

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Depends on your state I think. I had to take the National Registry card, as well as some other things to the county.

blueprint

Forum Probie
so they will mail us a NR Card in the mail with the letter? How long does that take? a couple of days or longer?

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
so they will mail us a NR Card in the mail with the letter? How long does that take? a couple of days or longer?
hahaha...try months sometimes pending on the year...you get a NREMT patch to. your next step is the state application and fingerprinting. go get your prints done on a CBI/FNI card at the PD, fill out the application and send them off to the state. this should take 2 months at most to get your cert back in the mail.

blueprint

Forum Probie
so when they mail the letter with the results it does NOT include the cert and patch or does?

i just called and will have my fingerprints down tomorrow thanks for the help.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
From NR you get a patch, a card and a letter that only said congratulations you passed, and details how to renew. See your state website for everything else you need to do.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
State, will send a state cert certificate and info on renewing your certification.

WuLabsWuTecH

Forum Deputy Chief
It depends on your state, for me, everything was taken care of. Once I passed the NREMT, my school automatically let the state know. They processed the paperwork (I didn't even have to go in to the office or get fingerprinted or any of that) and my state card is in the mail!

blueprint

Forum Probie
i have to go get fingerprinted and have a background check then go to the county office and apply for the state card then go to the dmv and get the amb license.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Blue, so you're in California then?

alex71

Forum Probie
even if your state doesnt require you to be affiliated with a local agency it is good to do so, it helps with your recertifications at teh state level

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
depends on WHERE you are in SoCal, and what you want to do.