What Law or Statute Do You Want Changed?

nwhitney

Forum Captain
Just curious. What state law or statute would you like to see changed where you live?

I'll start with one for Oregon.

Last night while working in a lab for Basic students I learned that in Oregon only a nurse can teach/sign off SQ injections. Seems kinda odd that not even the Medic instructors can teach/sign off on this yet they can chemically paralyze a pt.

I'll find a link to this if anyone wants.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I would like to see hunting licenses/tags changed. I think you should be able to tag at least two stupid people per year :ph34r:

phideux

Forum Captain
Medically speaking, or just any law???
For just any law, I would like to see a state issued CWP act just like a drivers license does. Good anywhere in the USA. If you look at statistics, the states and municipalities with the most gun violence have the most restrictive gun laws. The bad guys don't follow the laws.
Medically speaking, with all the drug shortages going on, if a pharmaceutical company is in the US, it needs to make sure our needs are met first before it exports any drugs. the majority of R & D for drugs takes place in the US, so does the majority of the manufacturing. If we make it here, and need it here, keep it here.

OP
OP
nwhitney

nwhitney

Forum Captain
Just to clarify I am referring to laws or statutes that relate to EMS.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Then I change mine to legal, selective euthanasia.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston