what is a ICS 100 course

dave0811

Forum Probie
Ive been applying to some ambulance company's and i ran across Pacific Ambulace, and a req. is to have a ICS 100 course completion cert. Can anyone tell me what that is? i googled it and a lot of it said like security clearance certs, so i dont think thats what they want. can anyone give me a better answer?

psyanotic

Forum Crew Member
ICS is something required by most FD's and a lot of ambulance companies now. It's a way to organize and distribute authority, labor, tasks, etc. in the event of a national emergency, or just any MCI really. Briefly glance, skim, pass the test with ease and you're done.

psyanotic

Forum Crew Member
Alternatively, you could actually read it and learn what to do in case of a large scale emergency. :rolleyes:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Alternatively, you could actually read it and learn what to do in case of a large scale emergency. :rolleyes:

That's debatable.

ICS 100-200 just scratch the surface and are highly dependent on how much effort the person puts in, like you said. Even then the only way you will get good at ICS and MCI operations is practice.

94H

Forum Lieutenant

Call Fire to take Command!

At our last large scale incident it was humoring to watch how EMS tried to use the NIMS system while fire used their tried and true, dont communicate method

bstone

Forum Deputy Chief

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone who is not ICS 100/200/700/800 certified AND competent is not allowed to work for me. "Go sit in the truck probie!" ^_^

ICS is the end-all/be-all of organization. AND I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IT!!! :lol:

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
ICS is something required by most FD's and a lot of ambulance companies now. It's a way to organize and distribute authority, labor, tasks, etc. in the event of a national emergency, or just any MCI really. Briefly glance, skim, pass the test with ease and you're done.

Or any incident, really. And it's required for personnel of all first responder agencies, if the agency is to be NIMS compliant. Since being NIMS compliant is a requirement for Federal money of various types, you need to get the ICS certs.

Anyway, to the OP, go to the link, listen to the class. The first section will cover what the Incident Command System is, and why you're studying it.

EMS123

Forum Crew Member
If you have down time 200,700, and 800 are easy to all different introductory courses.