What do you think about this?

Achilles

Forum Moron

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Interesting. My favorite line:

Citywide's luxury ambulance service aims to provide a level of comfort and amenities every bit as sophisticated as its state certified medical services.

And they aren't the first. These folks were doing it in Philly several years ago:
http://www.ambulancelimo.com/

Except that they might have been shut down - If their parent company was who I think it was, it was nailed for Medicare fraud.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I think this might be my favorite bit.

From the 400 thread count cotton linen, to the plush bedding to the multi- mode lighting system to the Flat Screen TV Theatre with Wi-Fi, Satellite Radio & Digital Surround Sound to the warm mahogany inlays, no detail was too small to address when it came to creating an interior that isn’t merely superior- but the ultimate in its class. At Citywide, our VIP private ambulance service truly is one-of-a-kind.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm all for adding some comforts to ambs used for LDTs, but seriously? That is beyond absurd.

• Multi Channel Infusion Pumps
  • Ventilators
  • Defibrillators
  • Pulse-Oxymetry
  • 12 Lead EKG with capnography, external pacing
  • IVAC Syringe Pumps
  • Intra Aorta Balloon Pump
  • PLUS virtually any specialty device your physician requests.
They can't spell oximetry right, but yet they claim to carry IABPs on board. Right.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
If I was vomiting bile and bits of gallbladder, I'd be more interested in what was in the IV than if the sheets were 400 count.
I can imagine what keeping such a unit clean must be like. Only IFT I bet.
They ought to be required to do pro bono trips from Skid Row....hahha!
:rofl:

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
WOW! I must commend them on a job well done, they found a niche market and I'm sure they can make a killing by serving upper class clientele. Their setup looks really nice, very tasteful for what it's designed for.

Granted, the site went a little overboard and included things like the balloon pump (because all ambulances have those, right?), and I don't really see these luxury ambos being great CCT rigs, but if I ever need a ride I'd definitely want to ride in one of those babies!

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Citywide does not participate in 911 activities in NYC.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Oxymetry is a recognised way to spell oximetry; just like orthopedic and orthopaedic, I have seen it several times in non-American literature.

intellectualfish

Forum Crew Member
Haha, indeed. Several of my friends and I have been avid Monty Python fans since discovering "Holy Grail" in middle school. Ever since, it has been a running joke between us that the English don't know how to speak English properly...

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Haha, indeed. Several of my friends and I have been avid Monty Python fans since discovering "Holy Grail" in middle school. Ever since, it has been a running joke between us that the English don't know how to speak English properly...

British (and derivative) English either uses an S, adds an A or an O as far as medical is concerned

Anesthesia becomes anaesthesia
Dyspnea becomes dyspnoea
Stabilized becomes stabilised etc

I do not generally add the o to the front of edema ... I dno, just because

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I worked at citywide when this story came out.

They did not use that rig much if ever. I have been in the rig and don't find it to be luxurious.

Citywide is primarily a IFT company. Medics do alot of CCT runs. It be nice to have working rigs much less luxurious rigs.