What are your thoughts of this software idea?

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
I am thinking of developing a website where patients can voluntarily disclose certain pieces of their SAMPLE history. I can develop a certain software where EMS agencies can universally access this information from a laptop or an agency owned mobile device. Due to the vulnerability of this information, this will be a voluntarily disclosure. Patients would have to agree to the terms beforehand and waive HIPPA rights.

Not all their medical hx may be included, but hey, some info is better than none in an emergency.

Also, I thought about developing an alternative for KID PIX for android and ios since KID PIX is not available of mobile devices.

What are your thoughts?

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
This is such a great idea, that it's already been done.... numerous times.

Also, before you design any software, you'll need to learn how to spell HIPAA correctly.
banghead.gif

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAMedicStudent

Forum Crew Member
This is such a great idea, that it's already been done.... numerous times.

Also, before you design any software, you'll need to learn how to spell HIPAA correctly.
banghead.gif

No, that is correct.

Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Medical ID on the iPhone works amazingly when people have it set up and it comes standard on all iPhones. Phone doesn't have to be unlocked and you don't need to have the patients name plus you also get emergency contacts.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Why do you keep asking for our opinions when you're already set on doing something? Just freaking do it.