What are You doing for the Holidays?

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
So are any of you heading off on a fabulous vacation? Or are you like me and finding yourself working right on through the new year?

My son goes to his fathers for Christmas this year, so it will be just me and myself - except for Christmas Eve I will get together with my Sister, Mom and Daughter.

I'll be working and on the days I am not working, I will be trying to figure out what to do with myself since any other day time would be filled with entertaining each other.

Guess I will have to find a way to entertain myself.

I work Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years Eve, and New Years Day. Day shifts. No more of that god forsaken third shift after the 23rd.

Maybe it will be nice here at the very least and I can make it to the beach a couple times.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
We're going back to my inlaws in Indiana like we usually do. Gonna spend the week between Christmas and New Years.

Other than that...Jenny and I go to see the musical "White Christmas" this Friday at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood. Should be fun. We're also going to take the baby to see the IMAX version of "Polar Express" this weekend (will be her first movie in a theatre).

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Well since I have only one set of grandparents (my dads parents passed away when I was young - still able to remember it) and because I am divorced (yippee) I wont be doing any traveling. I will probably spend the day of Christmas at my moms parents house - siting back and relaxing. No eggnog though. New Year's Eve will likely be spent at home unless I get invited to go out with friends to have a small New Year's Celebration.

So in short - I have no holiday plans. Except maybe watch the DVD release of Polar Express, I read the book when I was a kid, and Im wondering how the movie turns out.

-CP

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Well the hubby has to work over the holidays this year. So Xmas eve I'm supposed to have dinner with his family (I have the ankle as my way out thank God) then Xmas morning Jay gets off at 6am so we're going to get the kids up and have breakfast with his parents, then come home and let the kids open their Santa presents. Xmas night, my mother is coming over to have dinner with myself and the kiddies.
I haven't even thought of New Years yet. :huh:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Christmas??

I'll be working at one of 2 places and/or volunteering. I'll know a week or 2 before.

I owe my part-time boss a favor, so I'll probably give him X-mas availibility.

New Years?

I might know by X-mas

jon

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
This weekend - traditional tree sale at firehouse
Next weekend - operation frosty at ambulance corps

Christmas Eve - entire maternal clan at my mom's house.
Christmas Day - mom, dad, grandma, fiance, maybe an aunt and uncle at my house. According to mom, we will be praying all day long since my brother is overseas.

Day before NYE - Atlantic City, baby!
New Year's Eve - one of those pay-per-person parties at a fancy hotel

Following 2 Saturdays - two installation dinners (inspections, company parties, whatev - they rival weddings around here) in a row with a trip to Austin TX wedged in between for work.

Should be a wild and crazy couple weeks.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Wow. i didnt realize that we had someone here with a family member overseas. Im assuming its Iraq??

I hope your brother returns in one piece and mentally sound. I'll be thinking of you and your brother on Christmas as Im lucky to have my brother here with me. He was one step short of joining the Marines after highschool, but due to a shoulder injury he could not pass the physical required.

-CP

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Dec 9 2005, 08:04 AM
Day before NYE - Atlantic City, baby!
Really???

Can I come??? Its only an hour and a half away!! Impromtu EMTLife Get-together ;)

As for Company parties:

The ambulance Squad's is this Saturday night. I'm working OT for my full-time job at work's "Holiday Gala" at a local indoor eatery with games (Chuck-e-cheeses' for Grown-ups) I get PAID to be there (not sure I'f I'm playing EMT or regular Security Guard, though). I'll be at the Party Saturday 1st Shift and Sunday 2nd Shift.

Also, my part-time job's christmas party will be 1 week from Sunday. I'm going, even though it is all the way out by Atlatic City, just to see the year-in-review slideshow. Should be a good time, espicially with the hundreds of pictures that we all took during the Katrina mission. Included, of course, will be the picturs taken of me on the plane going down, passed out and drooling on myself ( :lol: )

Jon

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Today=stupid on base party.... last minute equals my better half "can you make your stuffing"

Christmas in Atlanta with his Family...joy...rapture.... can you tell Im enthused? *note the eyeroll*

My family due to duty is in LA I cant make it there and they are working... he wont leave me home by myself..okay Its not like i burned a House down *snorts* Its the sentiments... His Mom is Mexican and strict catholic his Brother is well I dont know I love his mom though but his cousin is coming with his girl and I dont want to share MY Mummy in Law

this means Im smuggling the booze..Im much more social with a few drinks

Luno

OG
Premium Member
going back to where I was just released from....

OP
OP
MedicPrincess

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
HA! Violate the terms of your Parole already, didja?

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
24 hours on the day before, 24 on the day after. Spending Christmas day with my family. Probably going snowboarding as usual... :unsure:

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
I am off from the 23rd to the 26th then from 30th to the 2nd of next month. Christmas Day, we will be having dinner @ my mom's place (just a few minutes away), then heading to 2 of my younger sisters' homes (their Inlaws will @ their places for dinner), and finally to my Mother in Law's place (around the corner from my 1 sister's home.) All this before 3pm on Chirstmas Day, because my wife has to work 3-11pm.

New Years Eve, wait until my wife get's home from her 3-11 shift then have a party here with friends. (I will already be partying myself before then) :D

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
OMG and people wonder why I just dont jive with the holidays.

When I was married we had Christmas at my parents house then we went to my ex husbands grandparents house, and then back to our house - that was enough of a chug for me having a 4 month old baby to carry around.

And I also got a bag of lies for Christmas that same year from my ex-husband, damn *******!

Anyway, Im glad its just me my duaghter my parents my brother and my grandparents. Only 2 stops to make.

I think anything more than 2 stops needs to have celebrations on other days or alternate holidays because that is just too much for me.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Allright, who let CP into the eggnog already? ;)

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
Well, I'm due to deliver the 23rd, so who the heck knows what I'll be doing for Christmas. Chances are I'll be stuck in a hospital bed with one of those Christmas gifts you just can't (and don't want) to return. LOL

Merry Christmas everyone!!

smileyyemtb76

Forum Crew Member
I will be working and doing clinicals... same as last year. Ive forgotten what holidays are like. Btw - Congrats firechic!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!