Well, I passed...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I just received my EMT-IV certification from the state of Washington this week.

This is essentially the same as the NREMT-I/85 certification, which is what I was when I moved here just over a year ago. The big difference between the NREMT and Washington is that in WA, EMT-IV can do IO's and EJ's (which is why I had to take the course again. :blink:) I got an 88% on my test, which isn't bad since the only time I opened my book was to write my name on the inside cover.

The other big difference is that I have to have 36 field IV's in the first three years, after which I only need one a year to maintain my proficiency.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Congrats!

Are you allowed to practice/work in your area as an EMT-I?

Good job though, and getting an 88% on the test is great!

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by MMiz@Nov 23 2004, 01:53 AM
Congrats!

Are you allowed to practice/work in your area as an EMT-I?

Good job though, and getting an 88% on the test is great!
Now I am, but I'm in the middle of testing for a job with the state patrol, so my time is pretty short. However, if that job falls through, I'll probably apply to one of the private ambulance companies in our area. One of them works 48 hours on with 5 days off!

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Congrats!

In NY, we have no requirements on how many IV's we have to do - intubations they keep track of though.

EMTstudent

Forum Lieutenant
ffemt8978 -

Where are you from in WA state?? My son (10 yrs old) lives with his dad in Kettle Falls (north of Spokane).

By the way Congrats on your new certification!!!!!

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTstudent@Dec 2 2004, 06:33 AM
ffemt8978 -

Where are you from in WA state?? My son (10 yrs old) lives with his dad in Kettle Falls (north of Spokane).

By the way Congrats on your new certification!!!!!
Well, I'm three hours from Spokane, three hours from Seattle, and an hour away from the following: Moses Lake, Yakima, Richland/Pasco/Kennewick, Othello, Ellensburg, and Wenatchee.

I'm actually about 10 miles north of the Hanford DOE complex, and due east of the Yakima Firing Range.