Welcome Physio-Control

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'd like to welcome Physio Control to our Verified Vendor program.

Physio Control

Forum Probie
Thank you for having us as member of the community. We look forward to weighing-in from time-to-time. And please do send questions and comments (good or bad) our way.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Thank you for having us as member of the community. We look forward to weighing-in from time-to-time. And please do send questions and comments (good or bad) our way.

What is physio-control?

Anjel

Forum Angel
Are you kidding? Physio is the makers of the lifepak line of monitors.

Haha oh my bad. I suppose I should of googled.

Hockey

Quackers
Hi, welcome. Please talk to my agency into getting LP 15's and this time getting NIBP on every. single. monitor. PLEASE.

:)

Physio Control

Forum Probie
If you want to email me the name and location of your agency, I can flag it for the appropriate Physio rep. My email address is erik.b.denny <AT> physio-control <DOT> com. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Physio Control

Forum Probie
What is physio-control?

No worries. Physio-Control is a developer and manufacturer or emergency medical response technologies, including LIFEPAK monitor/defibrillators, LUCAS mechanical chest compression system, LIFENET System data management network, as well as AEDs. We're based in Redmond, Washington. You might've known us better as Medtronic, which we were a division of recently, until we became a separate entity.

WolfmanHarris

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm not sure if this is the best spot, but I have some LUCAS 2 feedback. I love just about everything in terms of ease of use of the device. I feel it's only fail point is the connector for the charging cable. It is definitely not medic proof. It's too fragile and finicky to send an unfamiliar bystander or FF to retrieve it. A magnetic connector like on my MacBook would go far to ruggedize the device.

Physio Control

Forum Probie
I'm not sure if this is the best spot, but I have some LUCAS 2 feedback. I love just about everything in terms of ease of use of the device. I feel it's only fail point is the connector for the charging cable. It is definitely not medic proof. It's too fragile and finicky to send an unfamiliar bystander or FF to retrieve it. A magnetic connector like on my MacBook would go far to ruggedize the device.

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed it along to the LUCAS product manager.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I also love the Lucas, but I'm not a fan of the charger or the carrying case. I find I have to carry it like a football to keep it from coming open when I'm walking to a call. :/

But, I love my LP. Keep up the good work!

MedicBrew

Forum Lieutenant
I also love the Lucas, but I'm not a fan of the charger or the carrying case. I find I have to carry it like a football to keep it from coming open when I'm walking to a call. :/

But, I love my LP. Keep up the good work!

Agreed!

If the Velcro is not fully fastened, it plays :censored: on your feet…..

Maybe a heavy duty zipper or buckles…

feldy

Forum Captain
Agreed!

If the Velcro is not fully fastened, it plays :censored: on your feet…..

Maybe a heavy duty zipper or buckles…

I also agree...when i pick it up and sling one of the straps over my shoulder...i can hear the velco slowly come undone...while i know that everything is secured inside the case as well...i dont like the feeling of thinking the lucas may fall out.

lawndartcatcher

Forum Lieutenant
Knock on wood, we haven't had that problem with our case (yet) but it's probably coming down the pike once our velcro gets a little more worn. Maybe a couple of longer velcro straps would fix that?

I had the opportunity to put both an AutoPulse and the Lucas on the same patient. We were test-driving the Lucas and our AutoPulse shut off (for the nth time) in the middle of the code. Got the AutoPulse out and put the Lucas on the patient in the back of a moving ambulance without compromising CPR.

Moshi

Forum Probie
Can LP12 background be changed in the settings (from black and white to black and orange) ?

Physio Control

Forum Probie
Can LP12 background be changed in the settings (from black and white to black and orange) ?

The LIFEPAK 12 is available with either a black & white LCD display or a black & amber electro-luminescent (EL) display. The screen color is fixed and is not adjustable like a display setting. However, an upgrade to the EL screen is available.

Moshi

Forum Probie
Thanks!

EL is much more superior especially in direct sunlight. You should have started making LP12s with EL from the start.