We yell, "Light 'dem cherries!" before L+S. What do you yell?

Scotty10

Forum Ride Along
What do you proclaim before you put on the lights and sirens?

My partner and I were initially saying stupid things like, "We should probably put on the lights for this call." or "It's a chest pain, you should put on the lights and sirens."

Then we watched the hit hollywood blockbuster "Lets Be Cops" where they said, "Light them cherries up." aaaand now that's what we yell.

Do you have any other great sayings?

...If not, you should get your life together.

"LIGHT 'DEM CHERRIES!!"

Last edited:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
"Great, I have to listen to the sirens for the 20 minute response to this call". That's about my normal response for responding lights and sirens.

Flying

Mostly Ignorant
Most of the time nothing, if it's a serious butt clenching call:
**** **** **** damn **** why

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 298

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
Nothing. I just turn them on.
If a call is serious enough to warrant lights and sirens, whoever is driving knows to turn them on. It doesn't warrant a "proclamation".

Neither of us pitch a tent from driving emergent either.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
A loud sigh followed by grumblings of an incomprehensible nature.

Except "code three to stage." That elicits a tirade generally.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I could just tuck and tape. You never know.

Its a proven effect, just ask any 16 year old boy.

Except "code three to stage." That elicits a tirade generally.

Code 3 to stage? I never get why people do that. Why not just drive normal until the scene is clear, then upgrade and shut down as you come up on scene.

Like others have said, I would go nuts if someone yelled "Light 'dem cherries". They would get that WTF did you just say look from me.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Its a proven effect, just ask any 16 year old boy.

Code 3 to stage? I never get why people do that. Why not just drive normal until the scene is clear, then upgrade and shut down as you come up on scene.
Please tell my partner that

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
She rolls code to stage?
Yes. I have told her many times not to but she is stubborn. She likes staging right around the corner from the call location where as I like staging a decent way away.

CALEMT

Yes. I have told her many times not to but she is stubborn. She likes staging right around the corner from the call location where as I like staging a decent way away.

I just drive normal and monitor fire. When I hear the scene is clear then I'll upgrade to code 3 and shut down as I'm rolling up on scene.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I just drive normal and monitor fire. When I hear the scene is clear then I'll upgrade to code 3 and shut down as I'm rolling up on scene.
That's what I did when I was an EMT. You should stop avoiding me and work a shift with me

CALEMT

That's what I did when I was an EMT. You should stop avoiding me and work a shift with me

Ok couple things. 1) your partner never takes a day off and 2) every time I've picked up your shift, you magically have something come up where you need to take the day off. What gives bro?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ok couple things. 1) your partner never takes a day off and 2) every time I've picked up your shift, you magically have something come up where you need to take the day off. What gives bro?
I'm scared of commitment

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
They tell me to drive emergent, I drive emergent. Realllll slow. But still, I value my jobs and play by the rules.