We did a free EMS Defensive Tactics course.

BlauerMfg

Forum Probie
Hello all,

We sponsored a free EMS Defensive Tactics video course recently, thought you might be interested. It's basically about how to escape from a violent encounter, while still maintaining your EMS role. In the 14 years I was riding the back of the bus, it was something never taught to us with any seriousness. As we all know, people are much more likely to attack us now than ever before.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Honest feedback is important to us here, as it is with everything we do.

(Apparently I can't post a link... so: blauer dot com slash emsdefense)

Thanks,

Blauer

OP
OP
BlauerMfg

BlauerMfg

Forum Probie
That's Kip, our video instructor. :)

Summit

Critical Crazy
Kip used to post here

Run with scissors

Forum Lieutenant
Sounds interesting. Whether or not it would be of any use is up in the air. But it's something I'd be willing to check out.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Sounds interesting. Whether or not it would be of any use is up in the air. But it's something I'd be willing to check out.
Of any use? Don't know about you but I don't exactly enjoy getting my *** beat.

Run with scissors

Forum Lieutenant
Well, I have a pretty extensive martial arts back ground. So I'd be looking for something uniquely offered in the program.

OP
OP
BlauerMfg

BlauerMfg

Forum Probie
Yeah, this is basically to give folks without much prior training some basic skills to help defend themselves without resorting to the more old-school "D-cylinder-to-the-face" mentality.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I always had a difficult time explaining why the patient had "Motorola" stamped on their forehead.

Run with scissors

Forum Lieutenant
Its a good idea. I think it should be taught and practiced by all agencies. But, cheap skates now days don't care about you.

OP
OP
BlauerMfg

BlauerMfg

Forum Probie
Right, we knew that most agencies and privates won't cover this, that's why we're giving the video series away for free. I'm asking people to share this for that reason, not because it benefits us.

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic
I've really enjoyed the series, and I have learned a TON! Thank you so much for making this for free. We have been sharing it around our station.