Wayne Manor Burns to the Ground

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
A well-known Pasadena landmark, the mansion at 380 S. San Rafael Avenue which portrayed Wayne Manor in the 1960s Batman TV series and which was featured in many other TV shows and movies including "Rush Hour", was destroyed in a major fire today. The house, which recently sold for over $6 million, was undergoing renovation at the time. The cause is still under investigation.

A video of the fire is available on the KCBS website...just scroll down to the video section and click "Movie Mansion Destroyed by Flames". I'd post a direct link, but I can seem to get the URL for the video itself because its a Java pop-up.

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
HOLY BBQ Batman.... can we call FEMA and get a new house

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Yes. I think the government should build them a new house. The government should be responsible for all natural disasters, and fire is quite the natural disaster.

<_<

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GVRS672 - I realize you were being sarcastic, hopefully people recognize my dripping sarcasm too. :)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
The rain undermined my drive way causing the asphalt to buckle... I wonder if FEMA will replace it?

It is a natural event...and to me... it's a total disaster.. a TTLDSTR... :p

And my gutters are clogged again, darn leaves.. When is FEMA coming to clean them out?

And the paint is weathering on the barn, that's a natural event too... Cowboy up, FEMA, I'll be waiting~

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
You know, I had to replace my car's radiator 2 weeks ago.... it was clogged. I didn't clog it, therefore it must have been "dumb luck" and FEMA is supposed to help for that, right???

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by SafetyPro@Oct 6 2005, 01:40 AM
A well-known Pasadena landmark, the mansion at 380 S. San Rafael Avenue which portrayed Wayne Manor in the 1960s Batman TV series and which was featured in many other TV shows and movies including "Rush Hour", was destroyed in a major fire today.

No it wasn't... See, ya can't even watch the news for proper information these days.

Come, my minions... Back under the rock. <crawls under his rock>

The Real Story

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A Tudor style mansion in Pasadena that was used for a number of movie shoots has been destroyed by fire but the house nearby where the 1960s "Batman" TV series was shot escaped damage, fire officials said on Thursday.

I accidently clicked on PM for 'Jonny 5' (I realize it's Johnny 5, but ignore that for now), instead of safetypro... And sent the news update to the wrong person. Oh well. Get over it J5.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Oct 7 2005, 01:32 PM
I accidently clicked on PM for 'Jonny 5' (I realize it's Johnny 5, but ignore that for now), instead of safetypro... And sent the news update to the wrong person. Oh well. Get over it J5.
Who is "Jonny 5"????

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Oct 7 2005, 12:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Oct 7 2005, 12:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Oct 7 2005, 01:32 PM
Who is "Jonny 5"???? [/b][/quote]
:eek: THE ROBOT?!?!?!

Johnny 5, I'm Alive?

Short Circuit?

THE MOVIE?

It was a hit in the late 80's! It had a sequel!

Steve Guttenberg..? Fisher Stevens..?

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Ahh I remember Johnny 5, now that movie rocks! I grew up watching that on video with my brother. Ive seen the original numerous times, but Ive only seen the sequel 1 or maybe twice, if it the one where he moves to a shop in the ghetto and he starts stealing car stereos for a local gang.

-Capn

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I see that jon is living a sheltered life... How could anybody not remember Short Circuit... :blink: :huh: :unsure: :( <_<

I remember it well myself... B) ahhh those were the days. :rolleyes: