Washington State EMT-Basic Training

emt509

Forum Ride Along
I'm currently living on the east side of the mountains, and am wondering what are some good EMT basic programs here in the state. I've looked into Columbia Basic, Spokane community, and a local ambulance company, but they don't offer it very often. Any opinions on some other good programs?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I can't speak for Columbia. I know several SCC basics, and most seem to be fairly competent, not stellar, but get the job done. As far as taking the class at a local service, I probably would shy away from that, unless it was taught by INHS and simply hosted by the local service.

Where you at? PM me if you want to. I might be able to get you some info on classes if you are in my area.

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
I took the EMT basic class in Spokane through a private business that offers certifications in medical field. If you want that one I can find the website, it was a quick course and my instructor was great. I also know Moses lake fire does an EMT course but not sure about the details of when it takes place. The private company does it every 2 months