Washington DC EMS

WestTac1

Forum Probie
With all the news and controversy coming out of Washington, DC EMS, I've heard a ton of rumors about solutions.

The one I need clarification on, is do they plan to hire single-role paramedics anytime soon?

Thanks!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I have heard from several websites that they will be hiring single role... in direct odd to the fire union it sounds like

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yes. They are accepting applications now.

OP
OP
WestTac1

WestTac1

Forum Probie
Does anyone have a link to the posting/application? I can't seem to find it on the city site.

Thanks!

FiremanMike

Just a dude
Just food for thought -

If even half of what I've been reading about DCEMS is true, you're waking into a miserable job with no autonomy and little support.. If you're relocating for single role EMS, it seems to me that there's many better places to look.

Uclabruin103

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone on the forum currently, or has, worked for DCEMS? Can you give a little insight into how it was? Equipment, protocol, working conditions?

terrible one

Always wandering
I applied awhile ago. I just followed links on their website. That was a month ago though and they may have changed the site since.

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
If you're looking for single role big city medic jobs on the Northeast, Philly Fire hires single roles to staff their ALS units. Philly is hardly perfect, but it's not nearly the mess that DC FEMS is right now.
And you'll still get to run your @ss off all day long.