Waashington State Shooting

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Just saw this.

That B-tard is not going to make it to trial. Guaranteed.

Prayers with the officer's families.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
This sickens me.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
What the heck posseses people!?! This sicko needs to pay!

Thoughts and prayers for the familys and friends from a fellow Wasingtonion, public servant, and guy from a big law enforcement family.

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
The officers work for the pd in a city that I just moved out of. There are signs and shows of support everywhere. It's so nice to see the community rally together for the families of the officers. They all left children behind. :sad: The suspect still hasn't been found but they believe he's wounded. I can't stop thinking about these four officers and their families.

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
Wow, sad!!!! Prayers to the family. I would have just shot him weather he was advancing towards me or not!!! Thats just so sad.............hummmmm!
By the way, I know of someone who thinks he is "Jesus" as well, I am thinking I should re-think his friendship!!! Really just friends with him now because I feel bad for him as he use to never be this way!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

Trust me, I found that asap and was happy.

I actually have multiple people on another forum telling me that he, and other murderers, are our equals, that a life is still a life no matter who it is or what they did. I don't know how to fight with incompetence like that.

I would never trade anyones life for Osamas life, or Mixon (the shooter in Oakland earlier this year).

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I would have just shot him weather he was advancing towards me or not!!!

I hope you're kidding. Though the guy was clearly the lowest of the low, he would have deserved a trial.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over his death, though.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Personally, I think SPD got this one right, Monfort = Quad, Clemmons = Dead... Big fan of the boys in blue right now...

reaper

Working Bum
Yes, it was good that one of the blue got to serve the justice!

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle
I hope you're kidding. Though the guy was clearly the lowest of the low, he would have deserved a trial.

He shot four cops, and was apparently reaching for his gun when he was shot dead, presumably to kill a fifth cop if he could.

I don't think any of us are going to lose any sleep over it.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

No, see, humans get trials. Animals do not. He was an animal.

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
He shot four cops, and was apparently reaching for his gun when he was shot dead, presumably to kill a fifth cop if he could.

Yup...... even then.. even if his back was turned it could still be a justifed shooting to "Stop" him. I do believe there are some cases to back that up.

spinnakr

Forum Lieutenant

My sentiments exactly. And while I wouldn't be so quick to take the officer at face value when it comes to "reaching for a gun" - because if I'm a lone patrolman with no witnesses, anybody could be "reaching for a gun" - but I'm okay with the moral ambiguity. Like you said, I'm sure not going to lose any sleep over it.

Incidentally, Washington only has a single 'A' in it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

reaper

Working Bum
If you read the article on it. Witnesses backed up the officers statement.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic

I have no problem with a justified shooting. I would, however, have a problem with an execution style killing BY a police officer.

I'm a MAJOR supporter of the police, and I feel for their loss. It's terrible news.

But like I said, I won't lose any sleep over his death.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

Para-Noid
Incidentally, Washington only has a single 'A' in it ;)

Everyone is a critic, Typo, lets not get into the AmericaniZation of the English language :p

While I have not done much reading of the case, would it not appear this man was a little bit sick in the head, thus requiring treatment rather than execution? However if he was shot in a defensive manner well stupid idea to draw the weapon.