Volunteer

Isaac Pacheco

Forum Ride Along
Can you volunteer as EMS? I have education in EMS but was not able to use it do to not having a driver license. Nothing alcohol or drug related, but I really enjoy first res ponder duties and want to feel the adrenaline of being an EMT.

OP
OP
I

Isaac Pacheco

Forum Ride Along
already did those things, I'd rather save someone's life. There's a difference when it comes to helping people.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I'd rather save someone's life

Not something that EMS does regularly. Mopping up bodily fluids? Sure. Taking people to dialysis? Sure. Saving lives occurs at any frequency from a couple times in a career to never.

EMS isn't about adrenaline rushes or saving lives. It's (on the mean) closer to any other "helping profession" than you think.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It's going to depend on your area if you are able to volunteer or not. Some areas have them and others do not. They may have different standards and may require you to volunteer for a certain amount of time per month. Generally speaking you need to have your EMT cert though

OP
OP
I

Isaac Pacheco

Forum Ride Along
Well I received a diploma stating that I finished the course of EMS, but my instructors informed me that it was not visible for me to continue with EKG and IV cert since I had no driver license. But they never said anything about volunteering.

I thought about enlisting but was told the same thing about the license issue.

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
Well I received a diploma stating that I finished the course of EMS, but my instructors informed me that it was not visible for me to continue with EKG and IV cert since I had no driver license. But they never said anything about volunteering.

Mind. Blown.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude

Maybe... Get a license...?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Wait, did you even bother to test for registry or get your state cert?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Chef

Forum Crew Member
Just had to get a guy his juice from the fridge!! P1 BD.... Can you help sit me up and get my juice, please.
Refusal
Clear

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

ummmm yeah..... maybe you should look into a career in law enforcement?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
"They say..". "They told me...", "I heard...",

All words which do not exist in my life. Fact Checking is your friend and I never accept anyone's opinions as fact until I hear it from the highest authority that I am able to reach/contact or confirm for myself.