Volunteer Opportunities in or around Orlando Florida!

CNAinFL

Forum Crew Member
Try AMR, AmeriCare, and TransCare in Tampa.

You mean me? Or the original poster?

I am stuck here in Orlando in a lease until next June - not that I necessarily want to move, but if no jobs open up, I'll have to. In the meantime, I'm applying everywhere, I have no points on my record, I have my EVOC, I'm a CNA so I have previous healthcare experience...and I'm not hearing back from people.

I'm debating whether I should even continue on to paramedic school at this point - I could go do that program at Seminole for three semesters...and find there's no openings for paramedics by the time I get out! I mean, at the time I started EMT school last January - there were companies in the area hiring EMTs, I know because I checked - and by the time I graduated and got my license - they have hiring freezes.

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
You or him.
IDK if any are hiring, but try them.
Sunstar too.

OP
OP
D

dustincarter19

Forum Probie
Thanks for all the suggestions guys! If anybody thinks of more let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

dustincarter19

Forum Probie
I'm debating whether I should even continue on to paramedic school at this point - I could go do that program at Seminole for three semesters...and find there's no openings for paramedics by the time I get out! I mean, at the time I started EMT school last January - there were companies in the area hiring EMTs, I know because I checked - and by the time I graduated and got my license - they have hiring freezes.

Do what your heart is in dude. The economy sucks all over the country but especially here in central FL. Things will get better but there isn't a set date, lol. If you want to be a medic then go get your medic cert.

CNAinFL

Forum Crew Member
Do what your heart is in dude. The economy sucks all over the country but especially here in central FL. Things will get better but there isn't a set date, lol. If you want to be a medic then go get your medic cert.

I'm a dude-ette.

I like working in the medical field in general; I really enjoy emergency medicine, but I have a feeling that for right now I'd have a better shot at getting a job if I go into nursing. I am going to keep applying for ambulance jobs and checking back with the ambulance companies, but I need a job that will pay the bills.

By the way - check Central Florida Fire Academy's jobs pages. You can find it by googling it. Also - if you don't have your EVOC - you can take it there.