Vital sign cards worth it?

OHgrl74

Forum Probie
Just a question. I'm a newer EMT and haven't had as much experience as I would have liked to this point but was wondering if it's worth it to use any of the vital sign cards out there just for a handy reference? Good idea? Waste of time/money? Recommendations other than just trying to drill them into my head?? I've noticed that the values on each seem to be just a tad different.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Save money and make flash cards for them while as a student. You will get to remember the "normal" adult ones very quickly.

I don't deal much with pediatric patients so I am not too familiar with their "normals" so I do have a card on my ID holder as a reference.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
I had a 4x6 index card with pedi drug dosages and facility door codes on one side, pedi vital signs chart on the other side. Looked at it for the door codes constantly, looked at the vital signs part like once, never needed to reference the drug dosages. Nice to have though.

Also put an "end of shift checklist" on it for myself after bringing the keys home one too many times :mad: