VILT Recert Options: DistanceCME vs. Medic-CE vs. ???

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
For those who have done a recert via VILT, do you have a preference for Distance CME vs. Medic-CE vs. EMT & Fire Training, Inc. vs. National EMS Academy? (List of CAPCE accredited providers is here)

Bit of a quandary as my NREMT expires before my state license, as I want to keep both I have to recert both, but the state won't accept whatever I do for Registry (too far in advance).

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I’m currently enrolled in DistanceCME’s CCTR course. So far I like it. I can go at my own pace since I’m pretty ahead of my scheduled expiration dates. It also counts for state, NRP, and FP-C CE’s. The instructors seem knowledgeable and some are also of the podcast variety.

The biggest reason I opted for DistanceCME over Medic-CE was that it yielded more CE’s, though it is more expensive. IIRC they were, or are, currently offering a discount.

OP
OP
EpiEMS

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks for the quick reply, @VentMonkey!
I was leaning towards Medic-CE since they looked to have a nicely developed interface & a price advantage*. My issue is that I need VILT for at least a portion of my core content recert (14 of 24), so I figure the way to go is to use the VILT as much as possible.

*24 hours of VILT is cheaper via Medic-CE ($169) vs Distance CME ($250)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I used DistanceCME 2 years ago for my medic recert hours and really enjoyed it. The user interface is very simple however there can be some small issues. Their customer service is very good.

I am currently going through their CCTR course (same as VentMonkey) and have been enjoying it. The class sizes for the medic refresher were 20+ people in each class where as with the CCTR my classes have been 1-4 people (I’ve had two classes where I was the only person in it).

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I did distance come for my medic recert and really enjoyed it.

OP
OP
EpiEMS

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Sounds like DistanceCME is the way to go! Thanks folks!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I have heard of a decent amount of people who use Medic-CE and enjoy it. I would like to take it one day to give it a feel.