[VENTING] Octegenarian grandmother Quad CABG tomorrow

Altered Mental Status

Forum Crew Member
My grandmother (83 y/o, Hx AODM & HTN), who was quite possibly the only reason I have some happy childhood memories, is having Quadruple Bypass tomorrow in St. Francis Hospital on Long Island, NY.

I know the overall prognosis for >75 y/o isn't fantastic. Add to that, risk of CVA, all the other stuff we as EMTs have a perfunctory understanding of, and the fact that I'm neurotic and you can imagine that I'm pretty much going out of my mind.

I'm not religious, preferring instead, an "Einstein-esque" definition of a Grand Architect. If there's Someone Out There, it's not some dude with his finger sticking firmly in the crux of our affairs, but rather; an entity or Physical State of which we have no capacity to comprehend yet.

I would appreciate the sending of good vibes--regardless of how you define these. If for you, that's prayer, I respect and appreciate that. If it's you driving down the freeway, blasting The Pixies and a quick thought in my direction, tapping a shotglass on the bar, pouring one out for your homies or smudging the air with sage, I'll take it. Just send positivity...I believe in the power of Good Will...if for no other reason than as a personal source of comfort in the asking and receiving.

Thanks, y'all.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
10-4

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Mental hug and good vibes headed your way.