Utah 911 opportunities??

p2medic

Forum Ride Along
hey guys,
Paramedic for 6 years now. I have worked Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, wife and I have thought about Salt Lake City lately. Who provides 911 for salt lake and surrounding areas? I am willing to drive a ways for a shift, who is good who is bad? I'm not opposed to Fire. Endless google searches haven't shown much other than Gold Cross.
Cheers

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I think part of slc is fire based but unsure. Lots of little county services out there too.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

Bassmaster

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone, I'm looking at a possible move to Salt Lake City in the upcoming months. Does anyone know if Gold Cross is the primary 911 service there? All the research I've done seems to say so, but I just want to be sure before I commit to moving. Currently I'm an EMT-B in WA.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
All 911 is more fire based out here. Gold Cross responds with slc fire medics and is basically the transport for them. There are others areas past salt lake in all directions that run 911 but if you are set on SLC hopefully fire is in your background. Plus you shouldn't just be "ok" with fire. You won't get hired out here with that mentality as it is very competitive.

Otherwise golds is IFT out here. They run 911 in st. George and some other smaller areas. I think medic West does 911 in Tooele. There is opportunity but you have to have the passion for fire or be okay with IFT unless you live in a smaller town where you can run 911.