using Pubmed and other research engines.

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
ok, I am trying to change the way some of my coworkers view the treatments given. Ie all ALS patients get IV, O2, Monitor... i am having some trouble reading full articles. can someone shed some light on how i can view the whole article on Pubmed and other similar engines. are there any other places other the the usual emsworld and jems that you can recommend searching for treatment related research? thanks in advance, feel free to PM me if there is something you don't want posted online... for instance a certain someone had a mediafire account that i used a lot and now cannot access.

--socal

silver

Forum Asst. Chief
ok, I am trying to change the way some of my coworkers view the treatments given. Ie all ALS patients get IV, O2, Monitor... i am having some trouble reading full articles. can someone shed some light on how i can view the whole article on Pubmed and other similar engines. are there any other places other the the usual emsworld and jems that you can recommend searching for treatment related research? thanks in advance, feel free to PM me if there is something you don't want posted online... for instance a certain someone had a mediafire account that i used a lot and now cannot access.

--socal

Try contacting a local library to see if they have accounts set up with databases. I know most university libraries have systems set up so they can have more access to the complete articles, or will get it for you in print.

(On a side note I always ask my library to get print versions of some random medical article from 1980s thats not online.)

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Try contacting a local library to see if they have accounts set up with databases. I know most university libraries have systems set up so they can have more access to the complete articles, or will get it for you in print.

(On a side note I always ask my library to get print versions of some random medical article from 1980s thats not online.)
Ditto. Start with a local (city) library, and work through their institutional access, but for much of what you're looking for, you may need an academic library (university/medical school). Try contacting a local university and see if they make institutional access available to members of the public.

Good Luck!