Upcoming interview nerves (serious nerves).

captaindepth

Forum Lieutenant
So i recently have switched careers and i have my first EMT-B interview coming up. I have been NREMT-B certified for the last 6 years and have always done my CE and even have few other ems related certs. My big concern is i have never actually worked in the field and have very little hands on time. The interview consists of a panel interview, practical skills test and a written test. So what should i prepare for the interview so i can shake these nerves and put forth my best effort? i really appreciate any info that can help me settle down. I am extremely dedicated to this new career and i am confident in my abilities to learn, adapt , and be part of the team. Thanks everyone for the help.

By the way i love the site and i look forward to sharing some stories of my own on here.

MedicBender

Forum Captain
Practical skills will most likely be similar to your national registry practical. You can download the practical test sheets from the national registry site to practice with.

I imagine the written will be like national registry as well. Study up on the same things you did for registry.

The interview varies by company. All of the interviews I've had consisted of mostly customer service. It's a huge component to this job. You can be a medical genius mega super EMT, but If you don't have the customer service skills it will be hard to convince them you're a good candidate.