uniform pants and shoes

amg1322

Forum Crew Member
i just began my EMT-B classes in south florida, and am in need of buying my own uniform pants and shoes. does anyone have any suggestions for where to buy the pants and shoes or what type they are partial too?

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
amazon has EMT pants and I suggest going to the local army surplus store for boots. I got tactical boots with a zipper on the side no steel toed boots.

as for shirt they provided one.

medicdan

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
i just began my EMT-B classes in south florida, and am in need of buying my own uniform pants and shoes. does anyone have any suggestions for where to buy the pants and shoes or what type they are partial too?

Does your program have any listed specifications for your uniform? Color? Type? We can't tell you what you're program is looking for... Without more information.

Although pricey, I have found the 5.11 EMS pants to be the most comfortable, durable and useful pants I've tried (or been issued). I'm a fan of Magnum boots, for comfort and utility, although they only last me 12 months or so...

OP
OP
A

amg1322

Forum Crew Member
my program requires the pants be black, no specific kind. just not too many pockets(only a few, not crazy cargo pants)

and there was no specification as per shoes, they do not need to be boots. just black, field related shoes. not sneakers or anything obviously.

they do provide us with a shirt

Bosco836

Forum Lieutenant

As far as boots goes - I'm a big fan of the Haix Airpower R2's. I just bought a pair a few months ago and am pretty impressed. They aren't the cheapest boot out there - but they do live up to their (well deserved) reputation of being extremely comfortable.

I bought mine from AllHandsFire online; however, you may be able to find them locally.

medicman14

Forum Crew Member
So that when you are loading the large one and it lands on your foot, or while backing your partner runs over your foot you don't require "jaws of life" extrication of your toes. Steel toes are for light shock loads, not those that are actually heavy !!
I hope this helps,