Unable to reply to a specific thread

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
What would cause me to be able to login to my account, post this message and replies to other threads, but not be able to reply to one certain thread???:rolleyes:
CANMAN,

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you sure it's a thread, and not an announcement? Are you sure the thread isn't locked?

Perhaps a link to the thread would help...

OP
OP
CANMAN

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Problem fixed, for some reason it wouldn't allow me to reply using the bottom tab but would when using the reply to thread tab at the top of the thread....It was the MSP employment thread, just posted a reply.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm going to guess by "bottom tab" you meant the Quick Reply box, the box below the last post in a thread, where it looks like you should be able to type in a reply and post it. The Quick Reply feature does not work unless you first click one of the Quick Reply buttons in any individual post; it's the button in the bottom-right corner of any post, that looks like a sheet of paper with a pen hovering over it:
quickreply.gif
Note that you can click any Quick Reply button to turn on the Quick Reply box; it does not matter which one you use.

The "Post Reply" buttons, which are located above the first post and immediately below the last post, always work and always take you to a new page for you to compose and post a reply. I assume it was the upper one of these that you used.