JollyRoger

Forum Probie
I've read a lot of the posts about Tulsa EMS and EMSA. I worked for Rural Metro in Knoxville a few years ago, so I'm familiar with the good and bad of private EMS. What is the good and bad about the EMS there? I'm moving there next month, however I'm leaving sometime in the winter months for a year to go other places. Does EMSA do part time? I really don't want to start over full time back on night shift, all though I'm quite aware what being new means. Which EMS agencies pay the most for part time or full time work? Or does anyone even allow part time? I tried looking up Medstar as I've heard that mentioned but didn't find much. Is that flight or another private EMS? Any info is appreciated.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
EMSA is essentially generic AMR dysfunction with nicer equipment, very mediocre pay and a toxic culture.

OP
OP
J

JollyRoger

Forum Probie
Do you know anything about Pafford EMS in Broken Arrow? EMSA doesn't offer part-time and I'd really like to get on part time with someone in the area as I'm leaving in a few months.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Pafford is actually pretty legit. The pay is a little lower per hour, but their schedules are more flexible and they love on OT. Decent place to work, rural calls and 911 in Rogers County, IFTs, and decent equipment. Very liberal protocols. Less strict and structured than EMSA.