Trying To find Some info and Opinions On Adut Medical Transportation

Newb EMT

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone,

I am new to being an EMT. Decided on a career change and plan to go Fire. My question I have and I was unable to find any info except for one Thread from 3 years ago. I have an upcoming interview with Adult Medical Transportation. My question is what are the opinions for working for this company. I know it is an IFT but I just want to see if it a good company. I currently have a job offer from APA, and so I am doing my research and company comparison. Thank you ahead time for your time and response.

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
If I was you I'll skip that and go for care. There hiring a lot, pretty much just 911 and got LA county contracts. Or if your do pick an IFT company go with PRN or Lynch ( think only Orange County) or AMR. I don't know much about Adult medical transport but I feel it is just a dialysis company

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
What Justin^ said.....Care or McCormick in LA Co, followed by AMR. Stick to the larger companies if you don't wanna run dialysis all day every day.

Anyways, cue the Kern County Cult in 3...2...1....

VentMonkey

Family Guy
cue the Kern County Cult in 3...2...1....
Eh, we have more than enough EMT's currently. If you're a paramedic, or know of any competent ones we can talk.

OP
OP
Newb EMT

Newb EMT

Forum Ride Along
I have an interview with McCormick on Monday. When I went to the CARE site I only saw posting for Orange County and that requires to have OC scope of practice. I only have L.A. scope. I have yet to hear back from AMR.

I really do appreciate the input and responses. I ask about these 2 small companies because one already offered and the other i have an interview with as well. I figured I will take one that offers me a spot if I don't get an offer from the big companies. I got to assume some experience from a small company will help me later if I don't get pick up by the larger ones

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
Apply to Care. The website says they want OC Accreditation within 7 days of hire. I assume that's because you could be doing field training all the way in San Clemenete and for a company that runs dual county 911 it's just logical to have you certified for both. I'm sure they know where you can get the class.

Apply to PRN, Lynch, and Doctor's.

If you decide to take the job, it's just a paycheck. Keep applying to other places. Don't settle in. I've said it before and will say it again. You don't want to work for a company that has their 800 number on the side of the rig.

OP
OP
Newb EMT

Newb EMT

Forum Ride Along
Thanks, I will go ahead and apply. I must have missed that part somehow. I don't plan to settle. I do want to keep on trying. I applied to PRN. Going to look up the other 2

Jn1232th

Forum Captain
The OC scope is very easy to get on OCEMS website and is like $40. Basically it's paying Orange County for you to work haha.

I have an interview with McCormick on Monday. When I went to the CARE site I only saw posting for Orange County and that requires to have OC scope of practice. I only have L.A. scope. I have yet to hear back from AMR.

I really do appreciate the input and responses. I ask about these 2 small companies because one already offered and the other i have an interview with as well. I figured I will take one that offers me a spot if I don't get an offer from the big companies. I got to assume some experience from a small company will help me later if I don't get pick up by the larger ones

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Riverside or San Bernardino county doesn't require additional cards. Way better atmosphere here in Riverside county vs LACo.