Thinking of Nashville

pcbguy

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
I have been an EMTB for about 3 years now and work for the only service in our area. I passed my Medic test here in FL last week. Now I am wondering what to do. My girlfriend is looking at Vanderbilt to continue going to school. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the area? Will I be able to get on as a Medic somewhere in the area? I also have my fire standards here in FL.

Thanks for the info.

reaper

Working Bum
Start looking at getting your NREMT-P. You will not transfer outside of FL without it!

OP
OP
pcbguy

pcbguy

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
I am going to take the NREMT-P next month. Want to study a little more. Have had several people tell me that the national was easier than the state. I guess we'll see.

Any info on Nashville?

reaper

Working Bum
Never had trouble with either, but I think the NREMT was tougher then the state. The practicals are what will give you trouble, if you have been out of school for a while.

Don't know anything about Nashville, but Chattanooga has a good service.

OP
OP
pcbguy

pcbguy

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Did the practical as part of our final for the program i finished. Just have to take the written now. Just not sure how tough it is. I just took my state last week so the information is still fresh on my mind. Thinking now is the time to take it.

redcrossemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Did the practical as part of our final for the program i finished. Just have to take the written now. Just not sure how tough it is. I just took my state last week so the information is still fresh on my mind. Thinking now is the time to take it.

Do some searching on here for good practice tests and the like. You are right though, take it as soon as possible. It will be harder later.

Nashville is a really cool city (actually just visited this past weekend) and I've heard good place to live. The Nashville Metro is covered by Nashville Fire EMS... They used to hire EMS-only employees, but their website does mention putting the paramedics through fire academy, so maybe everyone is dual-role now?

There are also a few private EMS agencies in the area. These include Rural-Metro, Pride Care, and LifeGuard.

Surrounding providers include Montgomery County EMS, Rutherford County EMS, Sumner County EMS, and Wilson Emergency Management Agency.

Not sure about the quality of any of these employers. Just agencies that I know are in the area... Good luck!

OP
OP
pcbguy

pcbguy

Forum Lieutenant
Premium Member
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I will look these up.