The Waiting Game

RiderMedic

Forum Crew Member
I've been employed at the same company for just about five years now and maybe it's because I've been out of the job market for so long or maybe I'm just a bit paranoid or maybe it's both :p but I hate this waiting after putting in applications/resumes.

Yeah, it's been about a week only but I'm also so excited for a new opportunity that I feel like a kid who's waiting for Christmas morning to arrive. So, out of curiosity for those of you who have recently gotten a new job how long after you put your app/resume in did you get word back from HR?

And before someone asks: yes, they all have openings and as far as checking up on status only one company wasn't applied through some website "Career Portal" and I sent a follow-up email to them and asked nicely if they had received my app and resume but never got a reply.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

NSEMS

Forum Probie
I like to call 2 days after I drop a resume off. It gives them some time to look at it while also showing your interest in the job. Just something as a "Hello, my names Jay Low and I am just confirming my resume was delivered to the hiring manager" works well. Edit: While I too am looking for a job, I notice some places have not called me back and it has been over a week since I dropped it off and called to confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrushBunny91

Forum Lieutenant
The most famous wildland quote of all is: Hurry up and wait

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
was told an agency was hiring back in March. emailed their EMS supervisor, got an interview the following week. passed the written test before the interview, filled out the completed 15 page application (police based position, so it's a full PD background check).

I, and the 15 people who were in the hiring group, are STILL waiting to get the results of our background checks.

OP
OP
R

RiderMedic

Forum Crew Member
was told an agency was hiring back in March. emailed their EMS supervisor, got an interview the following week. passed the written test before the interview, filled out the completed 15 page application (police based position, so it's a full PD background check).

I, and the 15 people who were in the hiring group, are STILL waiting to get the results of our background checks.

Wow, man, wow.

MedicBender

Forum Captain
I've been playing the waiting game for a couple months now, I'm a new medic with no experience so the few interviews I've had they've wanted someone with experience. Tomorrow I've got a list of people to call and check up on. Something will turn up eventually!