THe REal Reason you became an EMT-B

GoingLoud

Forum Crew Member
For anyone looking to get into being an EMT-b..please remember its just a stepping stone. You want action...be a medic.

EMT-Bs mostly do transfers, dialysis runs, and taking old ladies home from the hospital.

Why did i become an EMT? so i can chill out with a dvd player in my lap and eating free hospital food.

csly27

Forum Lieutenant
well I definaltly love helping people even though most of my pts dont even realize what is going on. Kinda sad really but at least I know that I am doing my part to make people a little more comfy. Also the free food is an added bonus I never knew about till I started working. :)

NJN

The Young One
:nosoupfortroll:

10 characters

OP
OP
GoingLoud

GoingLoud

Forum Crew Member
I understand helping younger people. people who actually NEED assistance.

For example, i know a crew that got called to a house for a tooth ache.

I do runs for people who are so demented that they don't even know what a human being looks like anymore!

These people are circling the drain and suffering in ghetto *** nursing homes with bed sores the size of dinner plates. These people should have died years ago, but thanks to medical science they are now living in agony 10 years past their mark with out a clue on what it is to exist anymore.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I understand helping younger people. people who actually NEED assistance.

For example, i know a crew that got called to a house for a tooth ache.

I do runs for people who are so demented that they don't even know what a human being looks like anymore!

These people are circling the drain and suffering in ghetto *** nursing homes with bed sores the size of dinner plates. These people should have died years ago, but thanks to medical science they are now living in agony 10 years past their mark with out a clue on what it is to exist anymore.

Who do you think you are? Wow! Someone that has passed an advanced first aid class has knowledge enough on whom should live or not. Good thing medical ethics is based upon several factors.

R/r 911

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Who do you think you are? Wow! Someone that has passed an advanced first aid class has knowledge enough on whom should live or not. Good thing medical ethics is based upon several factors.

R/r 911

It is okay Rid... take a look at who you are replying too... everyone, including CLs are with you on this one...

Hoofguy

Forum Crew Member
Needed a job where I wasn't locked up in a cubicle or office, was different everyday, had little supervision and had an occasional rush of adrenaline. This job fits every one of those.

k8ek8e

Forum Probie
i was going to go into Fire Academy. class was full. sent me to EMT. found out i like medicine more.

The volunteer department I joined is having me go through Fire Academy. They said as of last month it's mandatory. What a great time to join. :wacko: I can't complain though, the more training the better. I told em to bring it on.

NEMed2

Forum Crew Member
I grew up in the fire/ems service and stuck with it. Plus, I spent a lot of time in ambulances and hospitals when I was a kid, so I guess I never left.

I'd say it's because I like people, but I really can't tolerate most civilians.

surname_levi

Forum Crew Member
The volunteer department I joined is having me go through Fire Academy. They said as of last month it's mandatory. What a great time to join. :wacko: I can't complain though, the more training the better. I told em to bring it on.

mandatory to go through fire academy to be emt, or did i just read that wrong?

harkj

Forum Crew Member
i became an EMT because i love to help people, i need it to become a medic, and i love running calls (i run on an ALS truck) we run from between 8-16 calls in one 24 hr shift which i love doing and i love driving code 3!

medic417

The Truth Provider
Anyone that loves running code 3 is a danger to themselves and the public. Probably 99.9% possibly more get no benefit from a fast run to the hospital. Plus it honestly saves almost no time.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Anyone that loves running code 3 is a danger to themselves and the public. Probably 99.9% possibly more get no benefit from a fast run to the hospital. Plus it honestly saves almost no time.

And the siren beats the hell out of your stereocilia

medic417

The Truth Provider

harkj

Forum Crew Member
well we have to run code 3 to every call that is an emergency im not talkin from the pt house to the hospital...

Sasha

Forum Chief
well we have to run code 3 to every call that is an emergency im not talkin from the pt house to the hospital...

How are you driving code 3 when you're a student??

harkj

Forum Crew Member
i work for the ambulance service already and im on insurance ive been here for about 3 yrs i work as an emergency dispatcher but when people hurt their backs i usually 3rd ride to help left and help in the back or drive which ever is needed and sometimes i just 3rd ride to be with my friends when they ask me too