The Initial Assessment - a FOAPed Video

Paramedic Resource

Forum Crew Member
Hello EMTlife,

I've just recently completed another video, this time on the initial assessment. Would like to hear your thoughts on this core piece of medical assessment knowledge. Does you approach differ from mine? Do you believe I erred in any of the information presented? Would you like the GPS coordinates of my truck so you may burn it to the ground?

Current EMS students, was the content useful? Anything you would change?

Let me know,

Paramedic Resource

OP
OP
Paramedic Resource

Paramedic Resource

Forum Crew Member
I'll take the GPS coordinates.

Not a fan. Sorry. I'm sure you mean well.

That's all good! I appreciate the honesty, and the reply.

Would you mind letting me know exactly why you didn't like the content?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Sure. Amateur production, narrated in a monotone, rehashing information that is readily available in plenty of other areas where it's presented professionally.

The idea of FOAMed content is share new ideas, not reheat leftovers.

wian102

Forum Ride Along
@paramedicresource

keep up the great work, users on the forum might not pay attention to your posts/video
but i'm certain there are loads of people on youtube that likes your videos.
i personally like it.

ps. i like the animation on it.

OP
OP
Paramedic Resource

Paramedic Resource

Forum Crew Member
Really appreciate the positive feedback, if you're interested in peer reviewing future video scripts shoot me a PM. Already have plenty of peer reviewer's for the next video (arteriosclerosis) but am quickly wrapping up the one after (pericarditis) and haven't lined up any peer reviewers yet. Peer reviewers will be appropriately credited in the video and such an activity may be worth continuing education credits depending on where you're from/what registering body or bodies you belong to.

Keep safe

Midazzled

Forum Crew Member
I don't hate it, but it's not the sort of educational videos I normally watch.

OP
OP
Paramedic Resource

Paramedic Resource

Forum Crew Member
I've got a longer, more in depth video coming together on arteriosclerosis. Not sure of it's nerd level but it does reference 10 separate research articles and I poured over 30 in putting the script together. Hope that registers a little bit a the Richter scale of nerdiness, hopefully it crosses your path when it comes out. Would enjoy hearing your thoughts on it