The flashlight thread

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
Hello all,
I've decided to make a thread about the thrilling topic of handheld illumination devices. I'm interested to see what you folks carry on duty, as I'm currently looking into different flashlight options for work. As of now, my current light is the Streamlight Stylus Pro, which fits easily into my pen pocket of my shirt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 244

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
Nitecore P12. Lowest setting for pupils, rest of the settings for those 2am calls. No reason to have fixed lumens. I had a Fenix PD35, but that got put on my rifle. It's much brighter than the nitecore, but doesn't have as low of a setting.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
I carry this Boker AA light with 160 lumens when I am flying for walk around inspections and use on scenes. Pretty small, cheap, versatile little light and AA batteries are easy to replace.
http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/BO09BO804/Boker-Plus-FA-1-LED-Flashlight

And I carry this Rigid Industries light while working fire department. Has a bunch of settings but is bulletproof, 800 lumens, and rechargeable. Can easily light up dark trailers, vehicles, house address numbers from the unit, etc. I have it out on every call I run at night, and just slip it into my back pocket when not in use.
http://www.rigidindustries.com/led-lighting/30120

Never found much use in carrying a light for just checking pupils. If I need one they are always in the medic or the aid bag.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Streamlight survivor for my turnout coat and on wild land fires for trying to find your way around the engine at night (that thing is so bright you can literally see into tomorrow). For the more practical EMS use I don't know the brand but its fairly bright and is a slim enough flashlight to fit into the alit for trauma sheers. For pupils I just use the cheap 2 bucks for a pack of 5 penlights.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I carry a small single AA Fenix light in my pocket. Plus a metal rayovac led penlight for checking pupil response. The pen light actually gets the most use

MkVity

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
I'm hooked on LED lensers range of products great build quality and options.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm hooked on LED lensers range of products great build quality and options.
Ive been looking at them. But expensive, even on the pro deal

drl

Forum Lieutenant
I have the LED Lenser P6.2 for general use and a cheap company-issued penlight for pupils.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I have Fenix pro deal but am overwhelmed by the options. Currently I carry a Gerber Firecracker next to my Leatherman but it doesn't really light up a room. Thoughts?

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
I have Fenix pro deal but am overwhelmed by the options. Currently I carry a Gerber Firecracker next to my Leatherman but it doesn't really light up a room. Thoughts?
If you're willing to spend a bit more and stay with Fenix, I'd check out the Fenix TK15. I used one for a few years and was very happy with it.

tonkseyboy

Forum Probie
I carry a Streamlight Stylus Pro,in my shirt pocket and a Fenix E12 in a pants pocket.Both of them are great and run on easy to find AA batteries.
Also recently bought a Olight S20R that I use at home a lot.

teedubbyaw

Forum Deputy Chief
If you're willing to spend a bit more and stay with Fenix, I'd check out the Fenix TK15. I used one for a few years and was very happy with it.

The TK series are dated. PD35 is where it's at. 14 lumens all the way up to 1000 lumens.