The 2011 Community Leader Election Results

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
First of all, the Community Leaders would like to thank everyone that voted in our first ever public voting for a CL. As for my comments about the lack of participation, I would like to apologize for deceiving everyone. It was a tactic to get more people to vote. In all honesty, the Community Leaders are quite pleased with the participation and results.

The results of the voting are in, and they are official. The discrepancies between the totals listed in this thread (http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=22493) and the official results listed below are due to three members voting for more than 3 people and having their votes disqualified.

Aidey = 21
EMT.Dan = 23
firetender = 46
jtpaintball70 = 65
lightsandsirens5 = 45
lucidresq = 42

So on behalf of the Community Leaders, we would like to welcome the following members to the CL team:
firetender
jtpaintball70
lightsandsirens5
lucidresq

I know we said we were only going to promote 3, but given how close it was between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place we decided to respect everyone's vote and promote the 4th member also.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Not much of an election if you couldn't even elect the candidates.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Congratulations everyone.

And a big thank you to all the members who took the time to vote.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Congratulations to our new Community Leaders and all of those that participated!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Thank you to my adoring public :D

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Anjel

Forum Angel
Give a guy a name in red and suddenly he gets awful cocky lol

He gets 24hrs of bragging rights. lol he did win by quite a lot :p

But then it goes back to normal lol

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
Congratulations Dan and aidey!

Hockey

Quackers
I DEMAND A RECOUNT!
florida_hanging_chad_recount.jpg

Rumor has it that his name is on a call girls sheet! POLITICAN SCANDAL TONIGHT AT 11

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
A sort-of acceptance speech

I'm really stretching my brain here and to be honest, I don't think I EVER put my name in as a candidate for anything, or been in an election, let alone WON one!

Any position I've ever held I've either created or weaseled my way in to!

That having been said, I'm grateful for everyone on the site, whether you voted for me or not. Just the fact that you've shown up, read my stuff and haven't asked me to leave is reward enough! And I have to give you ALL a lot of credit because I see you really and truly offering each other support on many different levels which I can't find anywhere else.

One more thing is I see people -- just like me -- sometimes being buttholes and then, after listening to others' responses, finding they don't have to go that way.

So I'm all for being human, but hold respect as my bottom line. Sometimes I act like I don't respect myself or others as well. So I'd like us all to remind each other and give the other a chance to make a shift. That way, no one has to be The Cop!

I'm looking forward to learning if any of these other people really have a name. When I first saw my name in red it scared me. I'm not sure how I want to handle this but I'd like the option of responding as firetender the Joe Blow Schmuckola Paraused-to-be with an inflated ego/whatevers or (RED) FIRETENDER; Mr. Community Leader Sir!

Being somewhat schizophrenic by nature and astrology, I don't fit well into single boxes. And this is where I have to wish us ALL Good Luck!

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Firetender, you make me think you're the first elected official that seemed to be hit by a vehicle before making their first speech.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
And give up the control? HA!

....and potentially wind up with me as a Community Leader? Hell no.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRamB30E9mU[/youtube]

Rumor has it that his name is on a call girls sheet! POLITICAN SCANDAL TONIGHT AT 11

Leave my ex-wife out of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Ha! My plan worked perfectly. I realized when I was nominated I must have been entierly to well behaved. Now that I've lost I can take advantage of that. *evil laugh*