the 100% directionless thread

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I’ve figured that I’ve had it at some point in the past year and a half but was asymptotic.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So work is now offering a 10K sign on bonus. If I quit for one day then reapply I get it right? That’s how it works?

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
My $3K one is paid out over one year, so I’m assuming it’s something like that.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So I’m not going to get a FEMA deployment for the foreseeable future because we’re so short staffed. Really hope that changes soon because I spent a lot on my bag/supplies and they just seem interesting.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ironic. The only exercise I can do without having pain is the one that tried to kill me in the first place.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Amongst the Marines and the Navy Corpsman killed in that bombing in Kabul was an Army Soldier, SSG Ryan Knauss.

He was a member of my old unit, 9th PSYOP Battalion. Hits even closer to home than the tragic news did before....

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Local Healthcare workers: were so tired, please get vaccinated and wear a mask

Also local Healthcare workers: were gonna go maskless to the local guns and hoses boxing event and get drunk

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Well I couldn't get an OT shift this 4 day at the station BUT I do have another background gig tomorrow so there's that lol

One of the things about that particular side gig is the production companies require a COVID test before showing up for a shoot day, idk how often or not the regular cast/crew gotta do it, but so far every time us background extras needed to be tested each time. It's actually not too bad because they pay for the test, and it's actually counted as a work hour or two so I'm actually paid to take it (granted all of a few bucks worth, but much better than paying out of pocket...)

Given the surge in new cases, and that said surge has also meant a surge of COVID positive patients at the regular job (which also has the side effect of EMS regularly being at level 0 and meaning we get to wait 20+minutes for them to respond simply because there aren't any closer available ambulances...) AND that once again we're starting to suffer a PPE shortage, the red strapped 1870+ N95s I was fit tested for are completely out of stock, and while I have my P100 half face respirator I wear for known COVID positive patients for the rest I've just been grabbing one of the other size N95s, and since I didn't fit test for them, the fact that I've had 3 or 4 COVID tests this past month with the side gig (obviously coming in negative) has actually been a bit of a relief in and of itself (even if I need like 2 shoot days to equal the pay of a single half shift of OT at the station lol)
Same here. I worked a 16 yesterday and I went non-stop the entire time. I don't think the truck ever saw park unless it was a scene or a hospital. Every day now is just clearing up and immediately getting a new call.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Same here. I worked a 16 yesterday and I went non-stop the entire time. I don't think the truck ever saw park unless it was a scene or a hospital. Every day now is just clearing up and immediately getting a new call.
I’m sitting on my couch, drinking a margarita…just in case you were wondering.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I’m sitting on my couch, drinking a margarita…just in case you were wondering.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Doesn't count unless you're listening to Jimmy Buffett.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Called to the local Urgent Care for a stroke, Patients Chief Complaint is Chest Pain with no facial droop, slurred speech or other neuro deficit. There was numbness to the left side... but consistent with chest pain radiation....

Totally a stroke right?? 🙄

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Called to the local Urgent Care for a stroke, Patients Chief Complaint is Chest Pain with no facial droop, slurred speech or other neuro deficit. There was numbness to the left side... but consistent with chest pain radiation....

Totally a stroke right?? [emoji849]

Better a wrong diagnosis with correct disposition, I guess? the bar is pretty low for UCs but darn, that’s some elementary level diagnosis they failed on.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

Totally a stroke right?? 🙄
Depends on what the caller said to the call taker. ProQA can lead you in the wrong direction if the call starts off with the wrong info.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader