the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Have your firefighters lift the gurney? That’s what I do.

Private IFT. We only call fire if we're out of the city and really need help. Haven't had to yet. In the city, we just get another unit for a lift assist

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
As horrible as it sounds, reporting crappy nursing homes as a private EMT is a short and futile venture. Your employer and the home don’t care and will find a way to cut you out of work if you get that reputation. I’d recommend you just let their internal QA process go forward there and not get involved. Save your powder for a meaningful event.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
As horrible as it sounds, reporting crappy nursing homes as a private EMT is a short and futile venture. Your employer and the home don’t care and will find a way to cut you out of work if you get that reputation. I’d recommend you just let their internal QA process go forward there and not get involved. Save your powder for a meaningful event.
Been there done that. At one company I made two reports in the three years I worked there. One for a board and care where we were just transferring the patient between different facilities but he reported negligence with receiving his medication. The social worker at the hospital looked at me like you heard him say it, you report it I don’t want to. The other one I don’t remember but I think it might have been suspected child abuse but it’s years ago now so I don’t remember it. If it’s no egregious I’d hold off on reporting anything without consulting with a supervisor first. Some issues can be addressed by the supervisor to the facility and things get fixed without getting the local authorities involved.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
My 2 year olds idea of helping with our remodel.
20200224_111939.jpg

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well that's just lovely. Woke up to two emails from Netflix in the middle of the night, one saying new login to my account from a device located somewhere in "Central Java, Indonesia" followed by a "Your email has successfully been changed" and being unable to log into my Netflix account -_-
Luckily it only took a few minutes on the phone with support to change my email back (change my password and add my phone number back, find a new profile had been made, straight up deleted that)...

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Well that's just lovely. Woke up to two emails from Netflix in the middle of the night, one saying new login to my account from a device located somewhere in "Central Java, Indonesia" followed by a "Your email has successfully been changed" and being unable to log into my Netflix account -_-
Luckily it only took a few minutes on the phone with support to change my email back (change my password and add my phone number back, find a new profile had been made, straight up deleted that)...

I was expecting some seriously bad stuff, but I'm glad it's just Netflix. Haha. Yeah, I've had things like that happen with my Ebay account and stuff.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Nice. Me and my father laminated my parents’ house a few years back, best decision ever. Carpeted floors are the devil.
Thats the pile of old laminate coming out. Still gotta break up the tile in the kitchen and order countertops before I start laying the new laminate.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Entire house do over or just the living area and kitchen ?
Foyer flooring and a coat closet is becoming a recessed mud bench. New flooring in the laundry room. New flooring and vanity in the downstairs half bath.

Kitchen cabinets were painted, new countertops and sink. New flooring, and Im building a new custom island.

That flooring in the picture is just a transition from when the addition was built. Everything else is tile.

Im sure new appliances will follow soon.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Judas Priest is touring with my favorite band (Sabaton). With a little scouring, I found the presale code.

It's in October.

I got two tickets, but I don't know why. I don't have any metalheads to go with. ^^