the 100% directionless thread

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
interesting,,

Just found out my License plate that I have had for the last year does not belong to me.

here it goes back to a Subaru that belongs to a kid in a town about a half hour from me.

You should have seen me trying to explain to the state trooper who stopped me for "missuse of a registration" that This was the liscense plate I was issued not some sort of one I bought off the street or something.

I am going to fight the fine, I mean if I knew all this time that my plates were no good. I would've settled it along time ago. And service award of the year goes to Penndot.. Since they pretty much said to me "we have no idea how that happened!!" But now you need new plates and return the one you have. Oh and I have to pay a new registration fee another 36 dollars to get the new plate.. Why can't the original 36 dollars go to my plate? I paid it and never got a valid one?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
My partner snores while awake. This is making watching TV very difficult.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Why don't ya hook him up to the CPAP??

That would drive me nuts..

He laughs every time I suggest it. Alas I am serious. Sure our units burn through O2 like there's no tomorrow, but I've got three ambulances in the bay and we only staff one.

Thank god our bedrooms are separated by two other bedrooms.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I had my plates stolen. And I had to pay for new ones... So I know how you feel. Least I did not have the police experience! (besides calling them to tell them they were stolen)

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
He laughs every time I suggest it. Alas I am serious. Sure our units burn through O2 like there's no tomorrow, but I've got three ambulances in the bay and we only staff one.

Thank god our bedrooms are separated by two other bedrooms.

LOL.. does he snort when he laughs too?

I'm guessing he has a sleep apnea problem too? my former FIL had that issue. If he didn't run his machine you could hear his snoring from 3 rooms away. doors closed and all.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
I had my plates stolen. And I had to pay for new ones... So I know how you feel. Least I did not have the police experience! (besides calling them to tell them they were stolen)

Kinda went like this, the new State Police cars can scan registrations as they pass you.. So he blew past me on the Interstate and then all of a sudden slows down to get behind me and pull me over. I was like WTF? thought maybe I had a light out or something..

Walks up and says do you know why I pulled you over?

I said well I know I was doing the Speed Limit so I guess I have a light out?

He said no, Your plates belong to a Subaru, He then proceeds to tell me that "missuse of a registration is a 350 dollar fine, suspension of your license, and impounding of your vehicle"

I was like I had these plates for a year now, They expire at the end of the month when I will renew them!. I showed him the original paperwork that I had when I bought the car which shows the plate being issued to the vehicle I have. He insists somehow I must have tried to transfer the plate from the other owner. I said no that's the plate the agent issued to me.

The only reason he even knew anything he said when it scanned the plate it shows as expired. and put a big red flag on his thingy I wish I would've known this sooner. I would've had it handled..

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
so the boss lady comes home from work,,, (shes a nurse) has her first arrest and first save......

WTF???? took me 2 years of arrests to get a save.. ;)

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I've been working for two and a half years, and I've never done chest compressions before. :[

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Deleted because I'm at the tail-end of another rape shift and I have apparently lost the ability to read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
so the boss lady comes home from work,,, (shes a nurse) has her first arrest and first save......

WTF???? took me 2 years of arrests to get a save.. ;)

In-hospital vs out-of-hospital cardiac arrests are a totally different situation.

Chimpie, I generally use two but it depends on the parking lot and the spaces.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Rob... Read the link.... :lol:

To answer, I use one. My English teacher in junior high drilled grammar into our heads, and that was one of her harping points. That lady was a complete :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:, but she was an incredible teacher.

emergency123

Forum Crew Member
Elite Ambulance Job posting

Wow Really>>> Elite Ambulance Job Posting....

Hiring Professional EMT's-iPad Bonus!! (Los Angeles)
image 1image 2image 3
EMT's! For a limited time we are offering an ipad mini to full-time employees after successful completion of 90 day probationary period! Offer applies to LA County Employees Only.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
This is bing discussed in another thread. I still don't understand why a recruitment/retention tool is such a big deal. After all, EMTs are the McDonald's employees of the health care world. If you can get a couple to work and stay for a while, an iPad is cheap.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
This is bing discussed in another thread. I still don't understand why a recruitment/retention tool is such a big deal. After all, EMTs are the McDonald's employees of the health care world. If you can get a couple to work and stay for a while, an iPad is cheap.

Given that, I'd think I'd ask for at least six months.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I wonder what the average length of employment at a Renal Rodeo company in LA is. Maybe 3 months is a good run...

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
In-hospital vs out-of-hospital cardiac arrests are a totally different situation.

She works at a assisted living facility, evidentally theres a difference than a nursing home (I got my arse chewed by her for calling it a nursing home)people just need assistance of daily living needs. and its not covered by health insurance so you gotta pay. But they have a small handful of RN's and LPNS on staff.. Which to me says nursing home..

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief

Given that, I'd think I'd ask for at least six months.

I wonder what the average length of employment at a Renal Rodeo company in LA is. Maybe 3 months is a good run...

They must have a huge turnover, I worked for a Private company in a semi - urban area probably a tenth of the LA population and we ran non-stop.

A EMT making minimum wage could pay off that iPad in one day. Considering a iPad 2 is 400 dollars new these days.