Test Prep Sites

Christian Salazar

Forum Ride Along
Hi All,
I have my NREMT National test coming up soon and I'm looking at some test prep sites to help prepare. We used emstesting.com and it is one of the worst products I have ever used.
I am looking at emtprep.com and emt-national-training.com, I've heard great things about both. Does anybody have any experience with both and can recommend one over the other?

Thanks.

JesterEMS

Forum Probie
Hi Christian,

I've been using EMT pocket prep for almost 3+ months. I will be starting emt-back classes in August. Pocket prep is great for scenario based questions. I paid for the full version and I don't regret it. It's worth getting!

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Out of those 2? Emtprep. Good people they will help you pass. Also like DE said JB is a good one as well although a little on the expensive side.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Out of those 2? Emtprep. Good people they will help you pass. Also like DE said JB is a good one as well although a little on the expensive side.

Based on your recent experience with pass/fail, I don't think you’re in any position to be a judge of test prep services. Just sayin’.

I took my National Registry test on Saturday and just found out my result (don't ever test on a weekend if you want to enjoy it). I failed and got near passing in every section and below passing in trauma. Out of 10 people in my class I got the highest grade and put probably 4X the effort into reading and using Emstesting.com to quiz myself. I have over 7000 questions on that website alone and overall standing is exceptional on the site.
Ive also spend 25 hours on emtprep.com and have an average of 80% on there as well.

This test was hard. I never once felt like I had no clue what they wer asking, but some questions were worded very tricky. I have this info down packed in my mind and feel pretty bad about myself failing, I'm kind of a perfectionist. Does anyone have any pointers besides the obvious "don't read into it to much", or cn share their experiences with the NRAEMT test they took and how they felt? Thanks in advance I really want to pass this next time and am nervous as heck about it.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Lol. "Just saying" just because I failed my first time has no relevance to whether or not I know the content each of those sites have to offer. Or whether or not they are good, is my opinion not yours so if you're going to be an ******* go do it somewhere else. "Just saying".

NomadicMedic

Lol. "Just saying" just because I failed my first time has no relevance to whether or not I know the content each of those sites have to offer. Or whether or not they are good, is my opinion not yours so if you're going to be an ******* go do it somewhere else. "Just saying".

Oh, I think it's entirely relevant. And, guess what? My opinion is certainly as valuable as yours, and is based on the following facts:

A) I've been doing this for a minute.
B) I have never failed a national registry test.
C) have seen and used all of the test prep sites.
D) write questions for a test prep site (not one I recommended, BTW)

Stating that you put in "four times the effort" and still failed EVERY section of your NREMT shows that you "passed" your class without baseline competency, even after using test prep. Not something I'd brag about or ever offer anything other than limited anecdotal experience.

...But you just keep on doing your thing.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
Lol again your just making assumptions based off an errogant mentality. And no a near pass doesnt indicate passing or failing you couldve been above passing is well.For all either of us know I passed every section except Trauma. So please tell us all again how you know everything.Pulled that dirrectly from the NREMT website. And you have no idea of my background or my experience in the field, so again, your making assumtions based on pure arrogance. So no, it's really not relevant as to my opinion about a test prep site. Thats my opiniom not yours. Your "Points" a,c and d all should net you a nice pat on the back, but don't really matter much.

NomadicMedic

First, "arrogant".

Now, you should retread the NREMT site again. I think you're missing some valuable points.

"The decision regarding passing or failing an algorithm exam is the same as with pencil-paper examinations: has the candidate reached the level of entry-level competency (pass) or has the candidate not yet reached that level (fail)?"

Read the whole section at NREMT.org, not just the part that makes you feel better. Failing the test demonstrates that the test taker has NOT met baseline competency with 95% confidence.

Your results showed that you failed to meet that baseline competency. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

And now ... I'm done with you.

Colt45

Forum Lieutenant
It's like you're running around in circles like a little kid hahaha. I wasn't even talking about that section of the website. It has nothing to do with making me feel better, it's a direct quote from the site that says a near passing doesn't indicate pass or fail it could be either. Lol you can pass all sections with above passing in them and fail 1 section and you will overall fail. It seems to me you're just trying to come up with stupid comments to make a useless jab at someone.

JesterEMS

Forum Probie
I don't think it's ever a good idea to study the NREMT stuff on the weekend before your skills exam. I've been memorizing these skills heels for over 3 months plus emtprep. EMS isn't like a math class.

Once were strapped in for the career we eat, breathe, sleep ems.

I guess you just have to understand the commitment to this field

Just sayin'