Supplies for EMT class

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Hello all,

I have just assumed the lead instructor position for an overlooked and very understocked EMT program (I teach Basic and Advanced) I have just been given a pretty decent budget to add to the stuff that I have, I of course have a list and it's pretty long but I still have not reached my budget and I am looking for ideas as to what else I could use and or would be nice to have. I am wanting economical, frugal and high use stuff.

Thank you all for your input in advance and I want it from everyone. Students and experienced people alike.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
ummm what do you need? blood pressure cuffs, stethoscopes, stop watches, all the equipment you will find in a BLS ambulance, a stretcher, and if you have funds, get an old ambulance so students can practice working in a moving ambulance.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
What equipment do you have? That way we can give you better suggestions. Or just drop it all on a 60k sim man!

OP
OP
FF-EMT Diver

FF-EMT Diver

Forum Captain
Sorry, I should have tried to be more clear. I don't yet have a complete list in excel or I would post that, but do have things like...
Long boards, c-collar, KED, trac splints, frac PACs, a stretcher, cpr stuff, I currently borrow IV arms from nursing, although I do have an IO manikin. I have one advanced airway trainer.....Nursing also has two sim manikins that I can borrow, my budget is just barely into double digits so I have to be very frugal.

I apologize for not being more clear, I have taught in two other programs as an adjunct for 6 yrs so I've got knowledge about what we have to have and most of what we need but I do like to hear from other ppl about what they would have liked to have or currently have that is working out good that might be a cheaper price.

Thanks again.