Suggestions Please

McLovin05

Forum Probie
I am new to this forum and so far the advice I have read is great. I am scheduled to take my NREMT-B test this Feb. Overall I was confident as I passed the class and the exit exam easily, and I continued to study after the class was done and even registered for a online test https://www.jblearning.com/ which gives out scenario and other questions. But as I registered today it dawned on me that I may not be ready and became extremely nervous and hit the text book marking off the major chapters. So far I have come up with -

Medical,legal Issues/ Baseline vital signs/ Lifting & Moving PT/ Airway/ PT Assessment/ General Pharmacology/ Resp Emergency/ Cardiovascular Emergency/ Neurological Emergency/ Diabetic emergency/ Allergic Reactions/ Substance Abuse/ Environmental emergency/ Behavioral emergency/ Obstetric & Gynecologic/ Pediatric & Geriatric Emergency's

If there are any other suggestions and help calming my nerves that would be great. Thank You

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm pretty sure you covered every chapter in the text book but in case you missed one you better highlight that one too because they're all important. If you passed the class no sweat just keep plugging away with whatever study method has worked for you all year. The NR test just tests you on your general knowledge but many of it's questions are written as scenarios so you prove your knowledge by being able to apply something in the scenario. Honestly the test isn't as hard as many people make it out to be. If you know your stuff you can go in there and destroy the test in 20 minutes. From now until your test date I would just brush up on some principles that you're shaky on and quit worrying about it. The absolute worst thing that could possibly happen is you go in and fail the test, but then you've seen how they write the questions and have a general idea what you need to brush up on for the second try.

Too many people get too worked up over a test that says you meet the minimum possible competency in first aid. Boy scouts have higher standards to get the first aid merit badge.

OP
OP
M

McLovin05

Forum Probie
Thanks for the advice i'll try to stop thinking to much into it, I guess I am just pressuring myself to pass the first time. Also on another note I found this website that has the DOT reviews it seems like a good website to use as a review. You will need Adobe Reader to view it though.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/ems/pub/emtbnsc.pdf