Stupid minor wrecks

phideux

Forum Captain
We get so many wrecks here that when you walk up on scene, do a 360 around the vehicles and start saying, were these cars in an accident, where is the point of impact???? Of course there are always 2, or more, people in one of the cars complaining of excruciating neck and back pain. We are ensconced with a class of people who see all the ambulance chaser commercials, the good old "in a wreck, get a check" commercial, who see a 3mph bumper tap in a parking lot as a payday. We end up having to board and collar these people, take them out, tie up the fire truck, tie us up, tie up the ER, all for nothing. Just once I would love to pull up to one of these "wrecks", and after assessing the situation decide that the best course of action would be full extrication of all "patients", take the roof off the car and remove all patients from the top. Reduce the vehicle to a pile of scrap metal.
Sorry, rant over.

SSwain

Forum Captain
I admit, that would be fun to do just once....I fear that YOU may be named in the following lawsuit as well.
Not to mention the headache you would get dealing with your CO who is feeling it from the City Council, who is getting hell from the insurance company who covered the car that you reduced to a pile for no reason other than frustration.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Living the dream my friend...

Welcome to life on the razor's edge...

(do not get hurt by the extreme amount of sarcasm)

Don't know if anyone told you?

At least 95% of fire and EMS is dealing with things that are not emergencies.

CFal

Forum Captain
We get so many wrecks here that when you walk up on scene, do a 360 around the vehicles and start saying, were these cars in an accident, where is the point of impact???? Of course there are always 2, or more, people in one of the cars complaining of excruciating neck and back pain. We are ensconced with a class of people who see all the ambulance chaser commercials, the good old "in a wreck, get a check" commercial, who see a 3mph bumper tap in a parking lot as a payday. We end up having to board and collar these people, take them out, tie up the fire truck, tie us up, tie up the ER, all for nothing. Just once I would love to pull up to one of these "wrecks", and after assessing the situation decide that the best course of action would be full extrication of all "patients", take the roof off the car and remove all patients from the top. Reduce the vehicle to a pile of scrap metal.
Sorry, rant over.

I would love that haha