Stryker chair 6252 stair pro Accidents?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I know exactly how the Stryker chair works thank you. I've had a whole year of sitting in on meetings with the health and safety executives and Stryker. I can tell you what the ranges of tolerance are, how often they are meant to be serviced, what grit sandpaper you rub the tracks down with, down to what temperature you wash the damn thing down at. So please don't tell me I don't know how the chair works cause I know more than I really should (unfortunately, yawn)
So after all these meetings, you have become an expert in the stryker stair chair operations.
Our chair did not have the friction needed due to not being sand papered and the tracks being at the top end of tolerance (tolerance is the measurement of how tight the tracks are & should be no more than 2 inches when pulled away from the frame; before anyone asks the question again). This wasn't user error and it boils down to the maintenance and up keep of the chair, which was not carried out properly by the employer.
That's an interesting statement that you, as an expert, is describing as the tolerance levels.... Because the user manual says as follows:
To check the tension, pull up on the center of the belt until it is taut. The gap between the belt and the track frameshould measure between 3/8" and 1".
that's page 39 of the user manual, between steps 9 and 10 https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1210234/Stryker-Stair-Pro-6250.html?page=39#manual

oh, and in case you were wondering what the purpose of sanding the belts:
Using a sanding block with 50 Grit sandpaper, sand both wear surfaces on the outside edges of each belt. The purpose is to roughen the surface of the belt just enough to remove the shiny spotscaused by normal wear. Do not over sand the belts
that's on page 41.

Based on this new information, I will be standing by my original assessment of your situation. Sorry you got hurt, but it looks like user error on your part and you are looking for someone else to blame.