Stethoscope's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha752

Forum Crew Member
What do you prefer? A scope with dual tubes, or only one. I have hear that with 2 tubes, they rub together and make noise. True? I just got a nice stethoscope as a present, but its a dual tube. I also have a cheap monotube that I used in school. Which would be better? I seem to hear better out of the dual, but I havnt tested it that much.

What are your preferences?

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
I haven't really noticed much of a problem with artifacts from the tubes rubbing.. We have all dual tubes on our ambulances, but my personal one is a single tube Littman. I do prefer the Littman, but it's also an all-around better 'scope than the department issued ones.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Initially I went into EMS with a double-tube I bought for $10. I thought I couldn't hear a BP well enough while in the back of an ambulance, so went out and bought a Littman. Besides the coolness factor, I dont think the Littman is all that much better in an EMS setting. I'm sure it has great uses in a clinical setting, but in the back of an ambulance, I hear the same thing from that $5 cheap one they keep with the BP kit.

I use my Littman because I bought it, but I find very little difference in quality in the EMS setting.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I use a Labtron dual-tube, with the reversible adult/peds head. I do get a lot of background noise, but I find it works pretty well (especially when asking the patient a bunch of questions while I'm listening to lung or bowel sounds). The only thing I don't like about it is that the tubes are too short for it to hang around my neck comfortably without slipping off.

traumateam1

Forum Asst. Chief
Single tube. I use the Littmann SE II.

Yes, that's right, I just dug up an old post from 2004. Gotta problem? ^_^

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief

i might have to [MMiz insert... Hug :) ] you.

Last edited by a moderator:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader

This thread is four years old, time to end the discussion and move onto one of the other million stethoscope threads :)

Status
Not open for further replies.