State's on Fire!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
We have had a terrible grass fire that is continuing. Straight winds of greater > than 60 mph is causing a major tragedy in Central Oklahoma. So far they have lost over 100 homes and of course several thousands of acres of land and property.

Local Fire Departments are unable to keep fires under control and are unable to even protect and fight the structure fires. These homes are unfortunately the yuppy area where many medics live, so please keep them in your prayers & thoughts...

R/r 911

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
That's terrible to hear Rid. I"m not looking forward to our summer here in NM... We've had a very dry winter and the winds are horrible. If just one spark lands right we're screwed... again.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Oh man, sorry to hear that.

It's raining here and we are still getting little (under 100 acre) fires!! Hope our rain blows back east soon.

8jimi8

CFRN
We have had a terrible grass fire that is continuing. Straight winds of greater > than 60 mph is causing a major tragedy in Central Oklahoma. So far they have lost over 100 homes and of course several thousands of acres of land and property.

Local Fire Departments are unable to keep fires under control and are unable to even protect and fight the structure fires. These homes are unfortunately the yuppy area where many medics live, so please keep them in your prayers & thoughts...

R/r 911

is that why our fire chief sent role around to see who can be mobilized to the dallas area?

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Thoughts and prayers to all and hopefully rain........... -_-

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Thoughts and prayers to all and hopefully rain........... -_-

its suppose to rain in dallas on sunday. hopefully they'll have the fires out before then. its mostly contained from what i hear.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Our prayers and thoughts are with you as well. I'm looking into a way to turn the Red around for ya right now. We have plenty of excess water for you.

amberdt03

Forum Asst. Chief
Our prayers and thoughts are with you as well. I'm looking into a way to turn the Red around for ya right now. We have plenty of excess water for you.

well then box it up and mail it over. lol.

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Been on a few of those in SC and NM; they are so frustrating and dangerous. I hope this storm system currently passing through the Plains brings y'all some relief.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

R/r 911

Wow that bad already, Eh? It is already starting up my way, although we arent that bad yet. But when you consider the fact that fire season dosent usually get really going untill late July, we are in for one heck of a year. Out snowpack was down like 59% of normal or somthing.:wacko:

I do hate that the fire destroys everyting, but it sure pays good.;)

Kookaburra

Forum Lieutenant
We got snow in the Willamette Valley today, I wish we could send it over to you guys!

It's shaping up to be a crazy year for weather, my thoughts are with everyone - stay safe!