Starting An EMS Company

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So I'm working on a contingency plan for a class, and I want to build the world's best EMS service. I'm working on a business plan and would like any ideas. Class is legal issues, it will mainly focus on the regulatory and legal hurdles, but I basically want to build the world's best EMS company under Texas law

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Urban, rural or suburban? Transport times, proximity to speciality centers (stroke, trauma, STEMI)?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
So what position do I get?

OP
OP
RocketMedic

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
It's a thought exercise for school

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Class is legal issues, it will mainly focus on the regulatory and legal hurdles, but I basically want to build the world's best EMS company under Texas law

What are the main points you're looking at & main challenges?

Staffing? Posting vs. stations?

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
what are the requirements in Tx to start a company? are you talking about 911 with a coverage area or IFT where you go where contracted?

Who will be your medical director, how will you get funding, are their requirements from the insurance companies to get funding,what equipment needs to be on your trucks, how many trucks do you need, who will do QA, what will you do when you get sued, who will insure your agency, how much will workman's comp me, how will you afford the overhead, etc.