Standford PA school

terrible one

Always wandering
anyone familiar with Standfords PA program?
http://pcap.stanford.edu/

Just curious if anyone has any insight to the program, Im thinking about PA school more and more these days. Maybe in another 2/3 years after I finish my BA.

Thanks

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
anyone familiar with Standfords PA program?
http://pcap.stanford.edu/

Just curious if anyone has any insight to the program, Im thinking about PA school more and more these days. Maybe in another 2/3 years after I finish my BA.

Thanks

This is my top choice program should I decide to go PA instead of MD. I highly recommend you talk to the great guys over at physicianassistantforum.com

I have got to say, the PA community is great. They truly value education, they have humble roots as transfer EMTs and LVNs to burnt out medics and RNs. They respect all providers and really care about medicine and their patients. PA programs are a godsend to paramedics.

medic3416

Forum Probie
I started a "social club" on this site for EMS folks that either are PA's or that are Pre-PA. I hope you will join. :)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
100 days of school and 158 days of clinicals? Is that the norm?

Are they 8 hours days for the weeks that they spend in school?

medic3416

Forum Probie
My School has a class schedule like this;
Summer start M-F 8am-5pm
Two weeks off till Fall start then
M-F mostly 8am-5pm sometimes 7 or 8pm depending on the lecture
this goes on for the entire first year until July, except we get a two week winter break.

End of July we start clinical rotations 45-60 hours/week depending on the rotation. The hours also vary depending on the rotation for example during surgical rotation we usually have to be in at 5am to be ready to scrub at 7am and ICU internal medicine we have to be ready to round on patients at 7am.

Clinical rotations go straight through a full year with no breaks.

Then the last 3months are back to the classroom for a few more classes and final exam and PANCE prep.

Finally, 27 1/2 months later hopefully MS-PA-C!!

Its a very intense full-time schedule and nearly impossible to work, in fact my school usually does not allow students to work at all. You need special permission to work a max of 6 hours a week.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
This is my top choice program should I decide to go PA instead of MD. I highly recommend you talk to the great guys over at physicianassistantforum.com

I have got to say, the PA community is great. They truly value education, they have humble roots as transfer EMTs and LVNs to burnt out medics and RNs. They respect all providers and really care about medicine and their patients. PA programs are a godsend to paramedics.

I love that site.

OP
OP
terrible one

terrible one

Always wandering
thanks for all the responses, ill look into that site.