Software Upgrade & Forum Down - 2:30 PM

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
In less than half an hour I plan to upgrade EMTLife's software. During this time, which should take less than an hour, the software will be updated to the latest version. The upgrade will provide users with additional features that I think you'll enjoy.

The forum will be disabled from 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM today. Hopefully all goes well!

Thanks,

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
And we're back. If you have any problems, issues, or feedback, please post it in this thread.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
In less than half an hour I plan to upgrade EMTLife's software. During this time, which should take less than an hour, the software will be updated to the latest version. The upgrade will provide users with additional features that I think you'll enjoy.

The forum will be disabled from 2:30 PM - 3:00 PM today. Hopefully all goes well!

Thanks,

what are the new features? also, should the chat function be missing from the panel at the top?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
There aren't many major changes in this version, but vBulletin created a post with the information.

The biggest items for our users are the privacy features, PM upgrades, and social group changes.

I can't help but be underwhelmed with vBulletin these days. Their recently released 4.0 product has many new features, but I can't imagine upgrading for at least several months.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I had to re-agree to the rules, was that supposed to happen?

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
There appears to be an issue with the new forum upgrade and the chat link. We are working on this to get the matter corrected.

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
Ummm I am not sure whats going on but I have to accept the terms before I can make any posts and the quick reply box seems to be gone....anyone else....

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Ummm I am not sure whats going on but I have to accept the terms before I can make any posts and the quick reply box seems to be gone....anyone else....

We're looking into this, because some users have had to accept the rules again and others haven't had to.

We're not sure why it's been selective in it's implementation, but WE ARE NOT PICKING WHO HAS TO ACCEPT THE RULES AGAIN. This is beyond our control, and it's not part of some larger conspiracy.

This is the first I've heard of the Quick Reply issue, so let me check on that one too.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
We're looking into this, because some users have had to accept the rules again and others haven't had to.

We're not sure why it's been selective in it's implementation, but WE ARE NOT PICKING WHO HAS TO ACCEPT THE RULES AGAIN. This is beyond our control, and it's not part of some larger conspiracy.

This is true, I had to accept the terms again, but i was not part of the so called conspiracy

HasTy

Forum Lieutenant
I wasnt even here for it...by the way FFEMT quick reply appears to be working again...

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm using Firefox if that helps any.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
It appears as though I made a mistake when I upgraded the forum and overlooked a new feature. All members who try to post a new thread, reply, or send a PM may have to agree to our rules at least once. Unfortunately I did not catch this new feature before upgrading.